Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for iPhone

Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Delivery Notifications

When I sent a bbm message to my iPhone 5 from my Z10, I noticed that only the "check" mark was displayed rather than the "D" delivery notification.  I was certain that the iphone was live and connected to the network.

The iphone showed a messge present, but on the sending phone the "D" didn't display until I opened up the bbm app on the iphone.  The "R" was subsequently displayed on the sending phone after reading the message.

The cause was that I had closed the bbm app on the iPhone (double click and swipe away).  The app needs to run in the "minimized" mode to broadcast receipt of message to the sending phone. ( ie start up and close with one click).

I was able to replicate this operation consistently with my two phones side by side.  Not a problem with the Z10 of course.

Anyone else notice this?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Delivery Notifications

Hey hvacdon,,

Thanks for the post.

There were some updates pushed out for BBM for iPhone in the past 24 hours, please update and let me know if the issue still persists.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Re: Delivery Notifications

Thanks for the reply.   I have the latest update, 1.0.3.120, and the issue remains the same.

Please use plain text.