Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for iPhone

ghassan1234
My Device: q10

cant sign in

hello ,

icant sign in with my new blackberry account and i cant creat a new account.

it keeps telling me user is registerd, but when i go to sign in it tells me that the password is wrong,

how to delete the account and signup another one

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: cant sign in

Hi ghassan1234,

Welcome to the support community!

Sounds like you have a BlackBerry ID account already created. If you wish to delete the account and re-create it, this KB article has the steps: "How to delete a BlackBerry ID" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB25464 This would require the original email confirmation message you would have received when the BlackBerry ID account was created.

You can reset the password for your current account by following the steps in this KB article. "Resetting the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question for BBM for iPhone or BBM for Android" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB34776
If you are unable to recall the security question, this article may help: "How to reset the BlackBerry ID account on BBM for iPhone or BBM for Android if the Password Recovery Answer is unknown" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB35103

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
kzh_ca
My Device: iPhone BBM App

I'm having the same problem, but in my case, I know the password (I can log into Blackberry ID website).  I even reset the password, but for some reason, when I go to sign on the bbm ios app, it says:

"This username or password isn't associated iwth a valid BlackBerry ID.  Try again."

Something weird going on , on your end, Blackberry!

Super Contributor
fischersd
My Device: iPhone 5s

I likely wouldn't have reset the password.  If there's any sort of synchronization going on between the BBID system and other areas there could be a lag to the authentication source BBM for iOS is using.

Login to the BBID site just to make sure that your BBID account isn't locked out due to multiple login failures.

To make sure it isn't a "fat fingered" mistake, try typing your password into something else (an e-mail or a note), then copy it to the clipboard and paste it into the password field in BBM.  Not a bad idea to do this with the e-mail as well. 

New Contributor
kzh_ca
My Device: iPhone BBM App

I already did all of your suggestions.  Also, yes, I AM able to log into the bbm website (i.e. I'm not locked out).  Also, my recovery question (which I changed, has sync'd over).

Super Contributor
fischersd

It's not a "bbm website", it's the BBID site:  http://ca.blackberry.com/bbid.html

BBM uses BBID for authentication.

fahima_r
My Device: iphone

bbm automatically signed me out . i cant seem to sign in either and can not remember my secret answer to the question is there any way i can get a new password sent to my email instead
Super Contributor
fischersd

You should have received an e-mail from BlackBerry when your BBID was created.  In that e-mail there's links to both delete your BBID as well as reset the password.  Use the link in that e-mail to reset your password (then when you know the password you can change your secret question to something you WILL remember).

fahima_r
My Device: iphone

Thank you for the reply but I didn't get any emails, only one I got was when I was at the front of the line to start using bbm. I'm still getting notifications when people are adding or talking to me
Super Contributor
fischersd

Try upgrading to 1.0.3 and then try to login again.  Maybe do a screen capture of where you are?