Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for iPhone

New Contributor
FM96
My Device: Bold 9900

receiving broadcasts from missing contacts?

i keep on receiving notifications of broadcasts on my lock screen but when i open the BBM i cant find the broadcast messages in my chats or the person who sent it in my contacts.
what can i do? i don't want to make another account.. help?
Please use plain text.
Retired
Brian_S
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: receiving broadcasts from missing contacts?

What do the broadcasts say? Do you know the person sending the broadcast messages? Where they a contact you had previously but have deleted?

Are you part of any BBM groups? Maybe these messages are coming from a group you belong to.

Let me know!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FM96

The broadcasts are random stuff like jokes and stories.. etc, but its a bit too much. i don't know the person. i don't think we ever talked but i do think it had been a contact i previously delete.

and no i'm not a part of any BBM groups. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Retired
Brian_S
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Would you be able to double check your contact list and make sure they are not on it?

From what I understand you get the notification for the message but can't find it when you open BBM.  Can you end all of your current chats and wait for the next one to come through? I'd like to see if it's visible when no other chats are open.

Let me know!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FM96

i did, i count find that person.
i triple check my contacts, my chats and i keep on looking for the person in my feeds but i have nothing. i only get the notification that that person sent a broadcast but when i open my BBM its not there.

i get all of my others contacts BC, feeds except for him/her.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FM96

cant* excuse my mistake :"(
Please use plain text.