Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM for iPhone

New Contributor
fatimaff
My Device: BBM

stuck at setting up bbm

After the update of IOS to IOS7.0.3 and the update of BBM i tried signing in with my username and password on BBM but it has been stuck for more than 12 hours on the page of "setting up BBM". Anyone has idea what is the problem and how can I solve it? Anyone else facing the same problem or am I the only one.

Super Contributor
fischersd
My Device: iPhone 5s

Re: stuck at setting up bbm

@fatimaff, you should try looking for your problem in existing problem threads and useful links (there's a bunch of useful links at the top of this forum - including one that is specific to the problem you're experiencing).

Try the steps here to resolve the problem:  http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=C20A814F35C5819964AF71076A2578D0?...

New Contributor
fatimaff

still it didn't work :/

New Contributor
fatimaff

i don't think it has to do with the time and date and year because my time is set automatically and I tried setting it manually but still the same problem.
Super Contributor
fischersd
My Device: iPhone 5s

From what I've seen the most common cause is network latency.  Close all other apps, ensure you're on a wifi network with low latency (you can try doing a ping test).  Maybe disable your cellular radio so you know for certain it's going over wifi.

How to ping?  There's apps for that in the appstore.

What to ping?  

If you're in the western hemisphere - srp.na.blackberry.com

If you're in Europe or Africa - srp.eu.blackberry.com

If you're in the middle-east, or asia you may possibly be going to the Asia-Pac infrastructure - srp.ap.blackberry.com

Reducing your latency to the BB infrastructure should shorten the setup time.