Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BBM

My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Digicel

PLEAASSSEEEE REEAADDD!!!!!!!!!

Good night BBM.

Oooo how i am indebted to you guys. I operate a small business in Jamaica which began its roots on Blackberry’s BBM. We once owned 4 devices which was a necessity to house our over 5000+ customers. Business buzzed with our broadcasts, I hired tons of staff to manage the load.

Since your final plunge I am now capable of housing all my BBM contacts on my Note 3 (Not in this contact option btw). I cannot begin to explain how this has significantly affected my business. Whatsapp has somewhat replaced it but is much too easily hacked and not secure.

WHAT I DO...

I own a virtual Cellular outlet that delivers only. Our customers contact us via messaging apps placing orders and making queries. 

Please do not consider this hate mail as I would prefer you to see this as a cry out, a plea to you to enable some features that should greatly grow the platform.

*IN NO ORDER- Just rambling!*

1. You have lost a ton to Whatsapp which is far inferior to BBM. How about you mimic their approach with a twist. A few main features which are not available on BBM... 

>>> Bulk picture sending...

This allows me to send several pics at once. So a customer may query Z10 skins. Im  able to send 10 at a time which makes it far simpler to showcase what i stock.

> >> Broadcast inserts...

Not sure I have the term right. When sending broadcast messages, im able to add pics,  videos and voice notes. Just perfect and is very effective.

>>> Message Formatting...

O my goodness, where have this gone???!!!! Some how there is no enter key so  messages are jumbled went sent. In whatsapp the enter key is for formatting with a  designated send button.

1. Desktop Shortcuts...

Allow individuals to place their favorite contacts on the desktop. A quick access sort of thing. If a message is incoming a notification is shown on the icon. This could be particularly useful for channels. Some could easily manipulate this to be a their personal app. Please work with launchers!

1. The look of BBM!

In the name of all things blackberry... I find it really difficult to navigate. Where has my search gone? Back in the hay days, I could just start typing a name and it pops up. Now this swiping thing is driving me crazy. Alright it may be integral for your devices but please make this more seamless. Messaging is quick and to the point for most, so swipe here then there is just taking too long. IN AND OUT is the order of the day.

1. KEEP UP!

Just simply keep doing the great work you are. Offer what you can and know that some of us are really grateful that you exist.

Sirs in closing i would like to tell you... Thank you!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: PLEAASSSEEEE REEAADDD!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand. Is this a cry out or is this a thank you message?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: PLEAASSSEEEE REEAADDD!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your feedback @pluspack!

I’ve passed it along to the BBM team for future consideration Robot Happy

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog