Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Accessories

Regular Contributor
10_de_engineered
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Most expensive in Canada

Anyone drop tested their Q10 Otter Defender?

I have been protecting all my previous BBs with Otter Defender series since available.

Just did the same with the Q10. But Otter now uses a much harder soft layer than the previous silicone gel.

I'm quite skeptical about its ability to absorb enough energy before it is transmitted to the device's vital components and cause damages.

I haven't found any videos or reviews with actual drop test.

Feel free to post or refer if you know a place where we can see actual drop test results on Q10 protected by a Defender.

None of my previous BBs experienced damages from a free fall on hard floors when protect by a Defender case. I wonder if it still true with the new Q10 flavor of it. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Anyone drop tested their Q10 Otter Defender?

I have trusted Otterbox for many years and have reccomended them to many people.

I have not dropped mine yet but not willing to test it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.