Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Accessories

New Contributor
BluBear
My Device: Q10

BlackBerry Bluetooth Mini Speakers Voice Calling

This accessory specifications claim that hands-free calling is possible (and so it should).

However, when I depress the button to activate voice calling all I get is the initial voice prompt "What would you like to do?" After speaking my "Call" command the speaker briefly returns with the beginning only of the sentence "Who would you like to call", cut off in mid sentence. After that there is no further audio from the speaker. All the while my Q10 displays it's prompts on its screen. I can react to these prompts and the phone responds as expected.

Obviously, the point of hands-free calling is that I don't have to stare at my phone to read the voice prompts.

Voice commands on my Q10 work perfectly with my Sony Bluetooth headset and with my Motorola hands-free car speakerphone.

This is disappointing to say the least. I would like to know whether this is an issue with my particular device or whether this is a shortcoming with the BlackBerryMini Speaker in general. 

--------------------------
*** Like, really? ***
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: BlackBerry Bluetooth Mini Speakers Voice Calling

BluBear wrote:

However, when I depress the button to activate voice calling all I get is the initial voice prompt "What would you like to do?" After speaking my "Call" command the speaker briefly returns with the beginning only of the sentence "Who would you like to call", cut off in mid sentence. After that there is no further audio from the speaker.

after the prompt "who would you like to call", I think you are supposed to speak the name of the person you wish to call.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
BluBear
My Device: Q10

Xandrex wrote:

BluBear wrote:

However, when I depress the button to activate voice calling all I get is the initial voice prompt "What would you like to do?" After speaking my "Call" command the speaker briefly returns with the beginning only of the sentence "Who would you like to call", cut off in mid sentence. After that there is no further audio from the speaker.

after the prompt "who would you like to call", I think you are supposed to speak the name of the person you wish to call.

Yes, that's correct. When I do, the Q10 reacts in the expected manner by providing further prompts. However, the prompts are only available as text on the phone's screen - there is no corresponding audio from the speaker. Again, my Motorola car unit and my Sony Bluetooth headphones provide the prompts as audio, as expected. The Mini speakers fall silent.

*** Like, really? ***
tmf06
My Device: Z10

I know this is an old thread, but i am having this same issue. I press the center button and get one voice command and then i can't hear anything. i can see the next question on my phone (ie: would you like to call xxx now?), but no sound through either the phone or bt speaker.

I have since noticed that the mini speaker seems to be muting itself after each command. If i press the button again after i speak, it unmutes and i can hear the next question.

I can't imagine this is by design, so i am hoping someone can think of some setting i am missing (voice control feedback is set to always), I have also seen a few others with the same issue on other forums, but no solutions.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!