Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Accessories

Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1

Re: Has anyone found any z10 Screen protectors that actually fit the Z10 well?

[ Edited ]

Well, thanks people for all your suggestions! (Got to write this again as my z10 battery died mid post! lol. Classic)

Unfortunately my bb z10 flip shell from phones4u didn't come with a protector. BUT I HAVE NEWS!

It seems that some of my constructive feedback that I provide has paid off :Rockon: as I have received some more goodies, trials and samples recently. Today I got home to find some familiar packaging... My current fave screen protector supplier (MEDIA DEVIL) had gone and sent me a pre-production sample (Manufactured 11 march - so, quite literally hot off the press!). I then checked and I had an email from yesterday to say it was on the way,

They are keen to stress "that this is not the final design -- we've revised it to be a more precise fit along the edges of the screen."

So, what can I say? Firstly it appears to be the "Magicscreen screen protector - Crystal Clear" sample as I use on my playbook. It has a U shaped cutout for the camera (this may change, I know my PB has circular cut out) - which is an accurate size.

Basing my fit around the camera cut out, I would say that there is a approx 1mm border of glass top, left and bottom and around 1/2 mm on the right hand side. So there is room for a little bit of play. I may not have fitted it 100% central.

The sensors are covered by the protector. There are not 2 extra cut outs on my sample. In my experience, this make absolutely no odds!

So, how easy was it to fit. Fairly! I don't quite fit them the way they suggest (but similarly) but either way I can get them down first time most times. Though my very first attempt on the playbook was not ideal, following the online instruction video is helpful for noobs.

The website provides advice on removing dust with tape if you have issues... and if you try this fitting any screen protectors in an environment with dust around then you WILL have issues and probably waste at least one protector -  I tried to remove dust once before and I ended up with more.

So, Be Warned: APPLY IN DUST FREE ENVIRONMENT!

Luckily the retail pack usually comes with 2 screens, a cleaning cloth and a scrapper to remove bubbles. The scrapper is quite handily also a credit card sized annual calender!

Glossy screen protectors such as this can be susceptible to finger prints but again this is why they provide a screen cleaning cloth!

My playbook, protector has been in use for 4 months and I am very happy with it. Rock solid. No bubbles.

Though this Z10 protector is an alpha production, I would never notice and would pay for this.

MEDIA DEVIL are not the cheapest. You can get some cheapo protectors for as little as 50p if you look around but the reviews are often not great... these are roughly in line with other premium protectors such as the clear diamond products mentioned previously in these posts.

I can tell you that the pre-sales, after-sales and troubleshooting that this small company offers is second to none and worth the extra pennies. I generally use them via amazon. but you can get them from their own website I believe.

So if you are interested... "I just wanted to let you know that we now have the page for the Z10 up on our website, so you'll be able to register for an availability update (if you haven't done so already)."

I don't get paid for this and am not associated with this company but I think this is a company worth recommending:

http://mediadevil.com/index.php/coming-soon/magic-screen-clear-edition-blackberry-z10.html

There appears to be £2 off as a launch offer! Just waiting for confirmation on how long the offer is on for. Will keep you informed. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Zagg Screen Protector currently has a buy 1 get 1 free deal  14.99 only + Free shipping.

Product Overview
  • Military grade patented material engineered for your BlackBerry Z10
  • Unique properties provide self-healing qualities
  • Includes free lifetime replacement warranty for the life of your device

45-day Money Back Guarantee

Your purchase is backed by our 45 Day Money-Back Guarantee. If you're not completely satisfied with your ZAGG product, return it within 45 days of your purchase date for a 100% refund.

CJH_01
My Device: Z10

I use the Skinomi full body protector which is applied with a solution - it's self-healing too.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Skinomi full body protector is nice, i just don't like the applying with solution. The packaging is sweet tho lol.
Visitor
Hannah101
My Device: blackberry z10

www.clear-diamond.com
This company do the best screen protectors on the market by far! I would certainly recommend them
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I've always preferred Zagg Invisible Shield, and they have recently come out with a Z10 version. It's in shipment, should arrive to me this week.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

zaba76 wrote:
It seems that some of my constructive feedback that I provide has paid off :Rockon: as I have received some more goodies, trials and samples recently. Today I got home to find some familiar packaging... My current fave screen protector supplier (MEDIA DEVIL) had gone and sent me a pre-production sample (Manufactured 11 march - so, quite literally hot off the press!). I then checked and I had an email from yesterday to say it was on the way,

They are keen to stress "that this is not the final design -- we've revised it to be a more precise fit along the edges of the screen."

hello,

I have two comments about MEDIADEVIL.

First, I understand that on march 11th they gave you some preproduction unit, that fixes some issue, and at the same time they still sell the other units on their website (the unit with the 1mm size error)

Second, on their website they have a video showing how to apply their screen protector, and they use regular mineral water to clean the device (water bottle to drink). I think this is fairly unprofessional as minerals are not good for that kind of use.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1

I think you misunderstood me, they weren't selling any protectors at the time I received the preproduction version for feedback. They had already decided on some adjustments for the first batch of retail units which are now on sale to improve the preproduction fit. i.e. the one on sale is better than the one I got. Similar but improved for an exact fit.

I think that video is new. I don't remember seeing that before. I don't think they specify mineral water. Could be tap water in the bottle. I don't use water but I was interested in the reasoning: to help avoid dust.

If you have a look on amazon these guys have thousands of excellent reviews, so I'm not alone in praising them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
ScreenProtectors
My Device: Z10

We currently supply BlackBerry Z10 - Crystal Clear & Matte Anti Glare Screen Protectors.

They are available from ScreenProtectors.co.uk and the cost is currently only £4.88 - Each pack includes 3 x Front Screen Protectors and 3 x Microfibre Cloth as well applicator card.

Free UK Shipping and World Wide Shipping Available - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee...

Made fit the BB Z10 - So what you are you waiting for Protect Your Screen! - visit ScreenProtectors.co.uk

dxt261
My Device: Blackberry z10

Hi! check this link: cell.kingeshop.com