Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Accessories

Contributor
Fr3lncr
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

OEM Z10 Holster (Not quite perfect)

I've always loved BlackBerry holsters and I have always kept my BB phones in them.  The lack of a good holster is oddly enough one of the reasons I don't like using my Android phone as a daily phone.

Anyhow, I picked up a Z10 holster and the build quality is great.  There is however, one issue that I see as an oversight on BlackBerry's part.

With the screen facing out, the strap covers the headphone jack.  With the screen facing in, you lose the LED. 

As I often keep the phone in the holster when I am not using it (as I essentially use it as a case), I want to see the LED to know if there are any new messages.  As it stands now, I have an either/or situation.

Don't get me wrong, the case is great and I guess the way the Z10 is built, there really isn't anything that can be done about it other than having a hole in the strap for the headphone jack if you want to keep the screen facing out.

Maybe in the next version of the phone, they can relocate the jack to either be on the same side as the LED or at least on the other side of the lock button so both don't interfere with the strap.

Oh, and if they openings on the side were a bit lower, they woudn't cover the volume down button.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Current phones: Z10, Z30, Nexus 5
BB-past: 9000>9700>9800>9780>9810>9900 (the best BB to date)>Q5
Non BB-past: HTC s720, Galaxy S2, Nexus 4, Galaxy S5
Tablets: Dell Venue 8 Pro, PlayBooks (32GB+64GB)
Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: OEM Z10 Holster (Not quite perfect)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Frankskytop
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Agree you are also blocked from charging the phone whilst in the case!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dreggen
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

If you want a hole:

Go to your fashion store, where they sell leather belts. Ask politely if you can use their belt pliers (thats used to make an extra hole in your belt, hope the translation ist right). With that you can make a clean hole in your holster over the headphone jack. I wouldnt need one, so I think BB made it right, but youre free to DIY :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rditz
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I have an Otterbox case/holster and the biggest problem I have is that when I remove the BB from the holster, the screen doesn't come alive like it did with the BB Curve. is there a setting that I am missing??

thanks
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

which case and holster ?
is it the holster dedicated for that case? are are those two accessories the one dedicated to the Z10 ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.