Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Accessories

New Contributor
mkambo
My Device: Z10

Z10 Blue Tooth Issue with Acura MDX

I have bought my Z10 few weeks ago and pair it with Hands Free Link on my Acura MDX. It was working fine until I upgraded the software on Z10 to the latest level.

Now when I receive a call it rings on my Hands Free system however when I pickup the call it get transferred back to my phone and even though the person on the other side can hear me I can not hear anything either from the Phone or the Handsfree system.

Tried to delete the pair from both the Phone and Hands Free, re-started the phone and re-paired the phone still having the same issue.

Called Telus and the only suggestion they have was as there is no way to go back to the previous level of Z10 software, return this phone and get the new one with old operating system and DO NOT UPGRADE the software.

Please help!

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 Blue Tooth Issue with Acura MDX

Hey mkambo,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry 10 software did you update to?  This can be found by going to Settings>About.  Also to find the root cause of this Bluetooth issue I suggest contacting your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can gather logs from the BlackBerry Z10.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
mkambo

Hi Vicious

Current software version on my device is 10.0.10.85

New Contributor
AEB501
My Device: BB z10

This seems to be very similar to the problem I am having with a Jabra Freeway hands free device and also with a Blue Ant handsfree... very similar problems... Is this an OS issue?

New Contributor
mkambo

I have noticed that if I let my hands free system on Acura MDX ring few times and then use my phone (slide screen) to answer the call instead of trying to pickup from the car hands Free system, it stays connected to the hands free system. May be this will give some clues to support team for fixing the issue.