Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Accessories

New Contributor
DeLeurg
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SFR

external microphone with Z10? What mic?

To improve the quality of sound recordings made with Z10, I try to know if somebody on the forum tried to use an external microphone, for example Rode Smartlav, or other, they have a connection identical to that of " earphones + mic ". What microphone did you hold (did retain)? Is the sound recording better than with the internal microphones? Can it be used during the recording of video?
Thank you very much.
DeLeurg
(translate from french language)
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: external microphone with Z10? What mic?

the one for earphones is mono and the device records in stereo

i dont see how an external mic would be better if it can not use stereo

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

To my mind the only way to do this is by recording in stereo the is nothing else that can give you better sound quality....
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DeLeurg
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SFR

Thank you. But the sound quality entering by a microphone would maybe be decreased by the software which takes care of the audio in smartphones. But not, I am wrong because I read that the quality (tested) by exit of the sound towards a system 2.1, for example, is better with Z10 than with other brands of smartphones. I do not believe that I am going to continue to look in this direction, this search.

Other possibility, certainly with the passage in OS10.2 and possibility of using the USB which would become USB-HOST. There would be then a possibility of using stereo microphones and of connecting that bought in the USB of the Z10. The files of sounds would be intact. It's a pity that there is not a software comparable to a good editor of sound (WAV, to cut, to stick, several tracks of sounds) in the BlacKberry WORLD. There is not in recorders, it is similar. But that will not prevent me from transferring to the computer the sound stored in the USB of Z10 and from working it (after) with the computer. 

Other thing: Z30 and its 4 microphones deeply interests me, because: what a beautiful machine!! Blackberry puts in front of the number of microphones, but the advertisements of Blackberry to inform make that for phone conversations and BBM-vidéo. Do its capacities serve to obtain good sound recordings, including in video and in memo vocal, which do you notice? Do they communicate on the size of the obtained files?

Have a nice day!

(translate from french language)

Please use plain text.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

One thing I know is that there are noise canceling mics that suppress the other sound and makes your recordings better
Please use plain text.