Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Accessories

john_scooter
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

z10 bluetooth not working properly....with toyota vehicles....

howdy.... first post.. so i'll see if i can get anything out of anyone off here...

i work for Toyota Canada as a tech....

i get 100's of people asking me to setup their phones...

always have issues with other phones... BB's have been flawless upto now...............

ive had one costumer in perticular who has been asking me to try to setup a z10 to her car...

unfortunately once its connected it starts to loop through the media files (songs)

even once disconnecting the audio/media content from the unit (radio) once you restart the car it re-loops through my songs...

ive tried thiis on numerous cars... for the most part it has worked ok... but it seems on the more "advanced" units it has this issue causing the phone and the radio to be unuseable in any way

ive contacted toyota..they have nothing ...

contacted panasonic (the makers of our radio units) they have nothing as the head office is somehow in the states and ... yeah you got it they have no z10 to test in the states :smileysad:

any insights on how i can go around this...

the lady with issue has a 2012 TOYOTA VENZA (PREMIUM PANASONIC/JBL package (13 speaker))

ive also tried connecting my z10 to a few other cars...

and had the same issue...

ps.... you guys may want to look at the fact that text on BBM goes horizontal once the phone is sideways and  if you access it from the hub.. but if you click on the icon in the apps... it does not go horizontally :smileytongue:...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bpete
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: z10 bluetooth not working properly....with toyota vehicles....

That's Bluetooth Streaming Audio in action. All I can add is that I have a Chrysler van and it will only do that when the radio is set to AUX. When set to radio,satellite radio, or hard drive the streaming does not occur. That probably won't help you but I thought I would pass it on just in case.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pili4
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the same issue with my 2012 Toyota Matrix. I set the bluetooth up fine when i first got the phone. It worked for a week then all of a sudden the car only wants to recognize the audio player portion of the phone and not the phone. Tried unistalling the connection on the phone and removing the phone from the car and rebooting the phone and starting over and pairing phone only. This seems to work until I get out of the car for any length of time...then when I get back in the car only recognizes the audio player or doesn't recognize anything at all and I have to set everything up all over again. Help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pili4

I wound up deleting my phone completely from my car's bluetooth, doing a security wipe of my phone then reconnecting the bluetooth to my car. I did this Monday and my bluetooth in my car has been working perfectly ever since.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jeprue
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Re: z10 Bluetooth not working properly....with toyota vehicles....

So is this something that will eventually (like soon) be fixed by BlackBerry or something that I have to either live with or work around?  I just got my own Z10 on Friday and synced it with my car's Bluetooth before a trip out of town.  I found that Ii couldn't call anyone using my contacts and most aggravating was that every time I started the car, it would find and play my "ringtone" music.  It all worked perfectly with my old Curve.   It's been driving me nuts!

Please use plain text.
stuart12
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

My Bold 9900 worked flawlessly with my 2013 Rav 4 but

my new Q10 starts to stream after connection. I have the same JBL sound system in my Rav

as the lady with the Venza. One has to wonder... is it the BB or the stereo?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

stuart12 wrote:

my new Q10 starts to stream after connection. I have the same JBL sound system in my Rav

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB34672 Music automatically plays when turning on a vehicle that has been paired with the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

I realize that no "fix" is offered, but at least they know about it...and we can hope that the "fix" will be included in some future OS release for the device.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
Cozz
My Device: Torch

Pili4 wrote:

I have the same issue with my 2012 Toyota Matrix. I set the bluetooth up fine when i first got the phone. It worked for a week then all of a sudden the car only wants to recognize the audio player portion of the phone and not the phone. Tried unistalling the connection on the phone and removing the phone from the car and rebooting the phone and starting over and pairing phone only. This seems to work until I get out of the car for any length of time...then when I get back in the car only recognizes the audio player or doesn't recognize anything at all and I have to set everything up all over again. Help!

Toyota's have the dumbest BT systems. It is possible to set only the media streaming portion of the phone and vice versa for the hands free portion.

Some Toyotas need to have first the hands free portion then the streaming portion next in order to work right. They are in 2 complelty different menus and the radio treats them as two different sources. Again, the dumbest thing ever.

Updated my pin
Please use plain text.
Developer
Cozz
My Device: Torch

sdgardne wrote:

stuart12 wrote:

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB34672 Music automatically plays when turning on a vehicle that has been paired with the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

I realize that no "fix" is offered, but at least they know about it...and we can hope that the "fix" will be included in some future OS release for the device.

Good luck and let us know!

The fix is relatively simple, ignore the command for a very small amount of time ( a second or two) counting from when the phone is first paired.

Updated my pin
Please use plain text.