Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
zurab
My Device: Z10

Activesync and Z10

I am setting up email account on z10 (exchange server with active sync). If I select to synchronize only mail, or contacts, or calendar (only one) it works. if I pick up 2 or more ( or add second item later) then it shows the spinner and message ‘saving and verifying your settings’ and loops there forever. I did reset few times, tried over 3g and wifi – the same result… 

any advice? thanks a lot!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Activesync and Z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you are letting the wizard do everything, try the Advanced Settings screens and enter for yourself the relevant data (server, port, etc.). Sometimes the server just does not respond to the wizard with what is needed, and entering the data manually can overcome that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zurab

thanks sdgardne!

i think all settings are correct. the phone syncs any  individualy group (mail, calendar, contacts, memos), but freezes if i select 2 or more...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hang on...you said up front ActiveSync, so I did not assume BES. Now, since you are saying Memos as well, you must be on BES rather than pure ActiveSync (since you don't get to sync memos except with BES).

So are you the BES admin? If so, you should seek advice from other BES admins:

Depending on your version of BES, things may be different.

If you are not the BES admin, then I recommend you talk to your BES admins, who can seek help in that section of these forums.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zurab

I am not quit following you, here is a screenshot of my email settings. it clearly shows:

MS Exchange ActiveSync and Memos on the same screen...

it works if I turn on only one item.

z10 emai

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are definitely on BES...and need to do as I said above.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ababoun

I can say you are not alone with the situation. i(our company) have an open case with RIM about that. We didn't have a solution yet.

There's a communication error occuring in the activesync session, when that error occur and the account is not fully initialize, the phone will get into a loop. People are seeing their mail, contacts, etc.. disappear then reappear when it happen. If you are more lucky and the account is fully initialized, you may have abnormal random delays in the sync.

Effectively disabling the sync of memos and other like the tasks may help stabilizing the phone but on the long term this is not a solution.

Deleting the account and recreate might help but so far, it's looks like throwing a dice.

For information to the other person talking about the BES.  Yes with ONLY activesync you can have the memos if you are on Exchange 2010 or more. But even when the new BES enterprise 10 is used, it's still activesync that is used, only the path to reach the Exchange server is different between a personnal or a corporate account.  BES 10 is not the same thing as the old BES 5.x and work differently.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zurab

that is exactly the problem ababoun!

this morning z10-s updated os to version 10.0.10.85. the update solved some problems, now i can sync mail, contacts and calendar. but the system still freezes during updating inbox subfolders.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
michij23

A couple of questions about ACtivesyinc and Z10 :

1) Do you know why I cannot choose to sync the folder "deleted messages". In the account settings, folder to sync options, I cannot choose the deleted messages one.

2) I cannot file/archive the sent messages. There is no option "file" on the sent ones.

Both above actiones were available on my Bold with BES Express.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
michij23

One more issue I have is that the folders of my activesync account are not ordered by name, once I'm filing/archiving an email.

Do you know how to set it up ?

Thank you

Please use plain text.