Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Ocliptor
My Device: Samsung Wave

Another Hot New Idea For BlackBerry! Duel Sim Cards

[ Edited ]

Hey Blackberry. Its great to finally see a full touch phone. And I think its going to do the job. And I love the personal and work aspects of it.

Lets take it further and bring in dual sim card acceptance. Threes a lot of people out there, running two phones. One for work, and one for personal. The phone would run as if being two phones.  Two sim cards, means two numbers, means you don't have to give your personal number out if you don't want and vise versa.

Features would include:

*Dual Numbers

*Personal Phone On/Off Feature to allow calls to be automatically forwarded to voice mail while at work, and the radio won't use extra power for transmission.

*No second sim card would run as it does.

*First on the market

*No need for a second phone just one Blackberry

But hey, it would be great. I also wanna see BBM come to Android and IOS. But some people call me a dreamer.

And yes duel sim card phone have been out for awhile.. But its time to innovate them and make them today's phone.

Contributor
bmelzard
My Device: BlackBerry 9930

Re: Another Hot New Idea For BlackBerry! Duel Sim Cards

Pretty interesting idea...

I would have to say that some of what you're requesting is already in BlackBerry Balance but obviously that is only for people that utilize a BES Server through their workplace. 

The only drawback to having what you're stating, from my humble point of view, is the 2 numbers aspect. I carry 2 phones myself. Which means I pay for 2 lines monthly (and data, and text, and fees, and etc etc). So if there was a better option to incorporate something like BlackBerry Balance into the everyday users life without a BES setup (or having to pay for 2 lines), I think that would definitely be innovative and exciting. 

I like your ideas and hopefully something comes along to fit that need for you and others. I would definitely be interested myself.