Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
paleshire
My Device: Bold 9930

Assigning an account to a calendar

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me setup the calendar to handle invites properly. Our devices use USB sync to sync contacts and calendar to Outlook through USB. We recently updated to the newest Verizon patch 10.1 to allow this functionality. The sync works fine however we're running into a bit of an issue when trying to send invites to attendees. The phone will not let us set our IMAP email account to be assigned to the calendar which is synced to Outlook. This calendar is the one where all events are going to take place.

There is a note on the local calendar option that says something to the effect of "IMAP and POP accounts can be assigned to the local calendar." This leads me to believe that the synced calendar (which has the computer name as its name) does not support IMAP or POP as an assigned account type.

Any help or info on this nuance?

Thank you,
 Preston

P.S.

After having purchased these phones at the end of February, we are delighted to be finally using them and USB sync. Looking forward to getting them integrated into our company.

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Assigning an account to a calendar

Hello paleshire, 

Thank you for your questions. 

Have a look at this article which may help you out with your issue. 

"No associated email accounts, before you can send or receive an event invite you need to associate ...

Let us know if the information in the article helps. Have a good day. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paleshire

[ Edited ]

Hi SR. Thank you for the response. I tried the steps outlined in this post. It does not seem to fit the problem that I'm having. I need to be able to send invites from the calendar which Blackberry Link created to sync to Outlook on the desktop. This calendar will not accept our IMAP email account as the assigned account.

I am able to set the local calendar's email account but not the synced calendar's email account.

EDIT: When I set the Blackberry Link calendar to the email account it accepts it. However, when I leave that screen it removes the account from the calendar assignment. It shows "None" as if no change had been made. There are no errors or warnings shown during this process.

Thank you for any further help that you can give,
Preston

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Hello paleshire,

You are following the correct steps to setup the calendar. Unfortunately at this time there is a bug where the setting will not save. The below article will be updated once a fix is in place. 

Unable to associate an email account with the BlackBerry Link calendar for sending invites

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paleshire

OK. Thank you very much for your response.

Preston

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chiphazmaj
My Device: Z10

When is there going to be a fix for this SERIOUS ISSUE?  It has been ongoing since I got my Z10 back in April.

Have to use BBLink Calendar on device if you want it to sync with Outlook, but can't assign an email address to the BBLink Calendar to send invites, therefore rendering the whole process useless and forcing me to use the local calendar so that I can send invites but then can't sync.

Z10
Rogers, Halifax NS
Please use plain text.
Stevieee
My Device: Z10

Are there any updates in this topic?

I'm really frustrated about this. It should not be a too big effort to get this problem done? I hoped so deeply that the new firmware should have taken care of this topic... but the issue is still unsolved, isn't it? 

:-(((

Please use plain text.