Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Solutions: 6,123
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Auto BCC on BBZ10?

[ Edited ]

vonRaeder wrote:
JKraus: hear hear! Totally agree with you. I still stand by my "rude" comment that some moron decided not to include auto BCC in the email set up of new BlackBerrys 10s because of his/her disregard for users like you and me.

Of course, that's your 'opinion' for the disclusion of the feature.

Anyone can come up with an opinion based on nothing at all. :smileywink:

vonRaeder, don't take it personal. It wasn't a moron, probably some real person like you, doing a job, feeding his family. He or she probably had no idea they were going to be your moron in six month's time.

sheez, what maturity in this thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

[ Edited ]

Jkraus wrote:

"Ideally both BCC and delete on handheld only will both be returned as a function."

I am glad to read the above,

"While there is a solution, you would not want to use that solution"

That solution doesn't cover all corners... You marked it as if there has been a solution 'which I don't want to accept'...

In Fact, for me personal and for many people, the Imap setting "would not" be a solution at all, because besides of having sent emails appear in Outlook, people also must BCC their bosses / managers into every email..

Believe it or not, I am sending up to hundreds of emails a day and for all that is being sent from my BB, I am NOW manually BCCing... It is a pain...

BCC is made to serve multiple purposes and I wouldn't consider all of them as archaic and a redundancy...

jkraus, one of the lead BB10 managers commented a couple days ago in BBM Channels on the delete on handheld issue that it was being looked into. I have the specific language, but no matter, I am guessing he is one of vonRaeder's 'morons' and I wouldn't care to quote a moron in this thread.

If we could stick on topic, but no, there's always one who won't, and can only turn to flaming to prove himself.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Q10.1

JSanders: Lets leave the 'moron' issue aside, it is below my dignity to comment on it...

Back to the topic, I don't think that neither of us have what to add for time being, so lets wait and give BB one more chance... So far it does not seem to be part of the 10.2 release...

BTW, I just had last week a very frustrating issue with my Q10, but that does not belong in this thread...

A voice of reason, thank you.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: BB Q10

[ Edited ]

I have read thru your thread and feel strongly about interjecting...

Bcc & delete from handheld were perhaps two of the most convenient features of my previous BB's.  I too waited for the Q10 as my main use of a handheld device is as a phone & email (and I'm most comfortable with the qwerty keyboard).

I am getting accustomed to the new platform BUT it is definitely buggy.  There are many great features on the new platform; the hotspot is awesome, the web is good and phone call quality is much improved!

The vast majority of my work is at a desktop (docked laptop with dual 24" displays actually for engineering drawings, graphics work and document creation).  My company writes tens of thousands of lines of code annually; clearly BB dropped the ball on these two features...never asked real users what they actually used for BB functions.

I'm not going back to an older device and I'm not switching over to an apple or android device (and certainly not a windows phone!).

I'm now searching to resolve why on two email accounts I manage on my Q10 the sent emails stay visible and checked...they didn't at first.

It's an awesome platform that needs to evolve a bit.

Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

DEFINITELY Blackberry MUST ABSOLUTELY RE-INSTATE The AUTO-BCC FEATURE into BB10 phones!!!

Judging by the TENS OF THOUSANDS of forum posts FROM AROUND THE WORLD, the AUTO BCC FEATURE ABSOLUTELY MUST BE REINSTATED INTO THE BB10 O/S.

COME ON NOW -- You're supposed to make theses phones SMARTER, NOT DUMBER!!!

Dear Blackberry Support: Please provide this feature ASAP -- OR ELSE!!!

ekalwa wrote:

Dear Blackberry Support: Please provide this feature ASAP -- OR ELSE!!!

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. BlackBerry personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

Trust me, it has been requested.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

OK, thanks! Just need to make sure BB support staff see and hear our requests (demands!). :-)

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: vodafone

I doubt BB are listening to any of us which is why the company is sinking. There have been a number of OS 10 updates since people started to complain about the lack of auto BCC and other former features having been idiotically removed/forgotten. Hence, plenty of opportunities for their smart programmers to have corrected this appaling situation by including a fix in the system updates. Why has it not been done? Do you have an answer?

While I appreciate the fact that this forum is run by volunteers and I do not denigrate your efforts and hard work, why is there no actual employee of BB here to take responsibility, or at least some notice of, our complaints and to provide an OFFICIAL response. Is BB hiding behind these volunteers and is incapable to provide an answer?? Where else can we make complaints that do not fall on deaf ears? As a business owner, I would love to hear all and any complaints or suggestions from my customers, rather than ignore and loose them! BB clearly no longer cares about its phone users.

vonRaeder wrote:

I doubt BB are listening to any of us which is why the company is sinking. .

Someone is not keeping up with the news.

vonRaeder wrote:

While I appreciate the fact that this forum is run by volunteers and I do not denigrate your efforts and hard work, why is there no actual employee of BB here to take responsibility, or at least some notice of, our complaints and to provide an OFFICIAL response. Is BB hiding behind these volunteers and is incapable to provide an answer?? Where else can we make complaints that do not fall on deaf ears? As a business owner, I would love to hear all and any complaints or suggestions from my customers, rather than ignore and loose them! BB clearly no longer cares about its phone users.

Call Vodafone tech support and ask them to pass it along.

On twitter, you can let @MichaelClewley know your concerns.

Knowledge Base Updates