Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
gkampou
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Auto BCC on BBZ10?

This unfortunately has nothing to do with users not requesting special networks, but rather about BB dropping the ball.

This is a DEVICE SOFTWARE issue and should ABSOLUTELY be part of the email account set up.

Even Apple has figured it out for iPhones & iPads and they most certainly don't have anything like BIS

Having invented the concept for all previous BBs and having taught the world about it, it is astonishing to see them drop it unceremoniously....

Feel like going back to my Bold

:smileymad:

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

gkampou wrote:

This unfortunately has nothing to do with users not requesting special networks, but rather about BB dropping the ball.

Huh? "special networks"

What are you speaking of?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
gkampou

Isn't this below what you wrote 2 weeks ago???

"Because users were demanding no special network, but to have only generic data networks that other devices use"

JSanders

gkampou wrote:
Isn't this below what you wrote 2 weeks ago???

"Because users were demanding no special network, but to have only generic data networks that other devices use"

Yes, that is what I wrote, is it unclear to you?

Or what is the question?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
gkampou

There is no question, it was just a comment!

You implied in your post that this function was part of BIS which is being dropped in favour of "no special networks" required by users.

I disagree because this function is clearly a device software issue, BIS or no-BIS, and BB has obviously dropped the ball when setting up email functions is OS 10.

And while perhaps no-BIS is indeed the way to go, it should be transparent to the user and not take away any of the previous functions that made BBs special to start with!

JSanders

Yea I agree the function should be added back in.

My comment was ALSO that the millions of users had been begging to get off of the BIS network. So they did that.

Anyway, here we are, and I think BlackBerry is listening and implenting changes.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Jkraus
My Device: Q10.1

I have the Q10.1, it is frustrating that it doesn't have the Auto BCC option. This is good enough reason for me to stick with my BlackBerry Bold. 

New Contributor
vonRaeder
My Device: Q10

Not having Bcc is extremely frustrating. Am considering giving up my Q10 and reverting to old BlackBerry bold or giving up altogether. This is the last straw as far as I am concerned.
JSanders

vonRaeder wrote:
Not having Bcc is extremely frustrating. Am considering giving up my Q10 and reverting to old BlackBerry bold or giving up altogether. This is the last straw as far as I am concerned.

vonRaeder, are you on a POP or IMAP email server?

Most IMAP email servers have the ability to set up the BCC withing the server settings itself.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
vonRaeder
My Device: Q10

Indeed, I am on imap but not all of my email servers have auto BCC. What moron at BlackBerry has decided to get rid of this simple feature on the email setup? Or were they in such a great rush to release the new models that nobody has bothered to test them with the normal, non-corporate server users?