Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Auto BCC on BBZ10?

How nice. Morons.

Ok, when you can have a civil "adult" conversation, let's try again. I'm willing if you are.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
vonRaeder
My Device: Q10

Fine, but having waited months for the new model and having been staunchly loyal to the brand while continuously defending my decision to wait while most of my friends and work colleagues moved to Apple or Samsung, I feel very let down. The lack of the track pad wheel is annoying enough, but the inability to have Outlook receive BCCs so as to keep track of my replies to key contacts while I email them on the move is unacceptable. I can think of many more insulting terms than the word moronic as a description of what I think is this grave oversight by someone at BB to care about non-corporate users who are now left w/o a way to keep track of their sent email correspondence. There was no insult aimed at you, Sir. Apologies if you thought so.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

vonRaeder wrote:
Fine, but having waited months for the new model and having been staunchly loyal to the brand while continuously defending my decision to wait while most of my friends and work colleagues moved to Apple or Samsung, I feel very let down. The lack of the track pad wheel is annoying enough, but the inability to have Outlook receive BCCs so as to keep track of my replies to key contacts while I email them on the move is unacceptable. I can think of many more insulting terms than the word moronic as a description of what I think is this grave oversight by someone at BB to care about non-corporate users who are now left w/o a way to keep track of their sent email correspondence. There was no insult aimed at you, Sir. Apologies if you thought so.

If you are using an IMAP server you can see all of your SENT email in the SENT folder of the server, and using OUTLOOK you can then move them to whatever folder you want, either localy or on the server.

I was not using IMAP until I moved o the Z10, but I discovered since then (2013-02-05) how well IMAP works, and now I do not have to do any CC or BCC like I had to do before since I can see them all from the server

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
JSanders

von, if you are on an IMAP account, your 'sent from BlackBerry' emails should be synced TO your email server automatically.

Please open your BlackBerry Q10  Settings (swipe down from the top bezel) to Settings > Accounts > [select your account in question] and then scroll down to EDIT FOLDER SETTINGS.

You should see several email folders, and SENT being one of those. Is there a check mark in the box to the right of that SENT folder?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
vonRaeder

Yes, it is checked but please note this does not help the BB sent emails to appear in my Outlook. Also, while I understand what you are suggesting, if my pop/imap server had the auto BCC function, switching it on would make ALL my sent emails being auto BCCd even those sent from desktop Outlook which is hardly convenient.

How about a simple software update for Q10 etc from BB?
JSanders

Actually, if your sent from BB emails ARE being properly synced to your email server, it shoud indeed sync them to your Outlook as well. Then, there is no needed at all for the BCC.

Is this a BES managed echange work email server?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Jkraus
My Device: Q10.1

Hi All;

Even tough your BB emails are being properly synced to your email server, your BB sent items will not appear in your Outlook, if your Outlook is set on POP, and for me 'this is the issue'...

My Outlook is set on POP. I wont change it to Imap, because of several reasons... Main reason is because I don't want any emails to be deleted from the server and in same time I still want to have the option of deleting an email from Outlook,

If you use Imap, then deleted emails from Outlook will automatically be deleted from server as well and I can't afford it...

Bottom line, we beg BB to bring back the BCC feature ASAP

JSanders

Ideally both BCC and delete on handheld only will both be returned as a function.

Jkraus, your post just proved that. While there is a solution, you would not want to use that solution and still want the Auto BCC. While I find that archaic and a redundacy in getting every email sent back to me, you don't and that's fine.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Jkraus
My Device: Q10.1

"Ideally both BCC and delete on handheld only will both be returned as a function."

I am glad to read the above,

"While there is a solution, you would not want to use that solution"

That solution doesn't cover all corners... You marked it as if there has been a solution 'which I don't want to accept'...

In Fact, for me personal and for many people, the Imap setting "would not" be a solution at all, because besides of having sent emails appear in Outlook, people also must BCC their bosses / managers into every email..

Believe it or not, I am sending up to hundreds of emails a day and for all that is being sent from my BB, I am NOW manually BCCing... It is a pain...

BCC is made to serve multiple purposes and I wouldn't consider all of them as archaic and a redundancy...

New Contributor
vonRaeder

JKraus: hear hear! Totally agree with you. I still stand by my "rude" comment that some moron decided not to include auto BCC in the email set up of new BlackBerrys 10s because of his/her disregard for users like you and me. Even new iPhone has this while Nokia apparently got rid of it too. If BB decided to copy Nokia (ie Microsoft stupidity) instead of staying true to itself, well then, what's the point of being loyal to BB?