Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
WhiteRhinoLLC
My Device: Z10

Re: BB Z10 EMAIL SYNC

Geraldw ... I'm with you ... Would like email on the Z10 to operate just like the email did on my Storm II ... it's why I stayed with BB!

Contributor
Geraldw
My Device: BB 10 Z10

Thank You.

To be honest, I can understand why they have made some changes. From a certain point of veiw, it may be considered an improvement, I get that.

But -

There are certain aspects of the way the previous Blackberry worked that I, and I'm sure many others, depended on. Blackberry's strength has always been email, how could they NOT have foreseen that people would build their whole routines around the way it functioned???

There should at least have been OPTIONS to operate as much as possible like the previous model. I absolutely hate that I can no longer control how long mail stays on my phone. I don't necesarily want to keep everything forever, but I want to control it. If I then choose to switch to an IMAP mode, great, I can decide when to transition and adjust my workflow around the new model. I bought this phone because I was switching carriers and it didn't seem to make sense to have them supply me with a 2 year old model, I assumed I was buying something which built on that model. I feel more than a little cheated that once it was in my hands it became clear that they threw out a great deal of what I used and started fresh.  All in all, its not a bad phone, but it certainly did not, by any stretch, builld on the previous Blackberry.

I'm hoping future updates will restore some of the functions I lost when I "upgraded". I also miss the ability to control how many times, and how loud,  my phone chimes for email or text. What happened to my choice of ringtones, i now have to buy new ones. Instead of the 2 dozen or so I used to choose from I now get about half a dozen? Thats bogus. And I can no longer program my phone to turn off and back on at  certain hours? Who saw that coming? Is that the sort of thing I should have known to ask the salesperson? Give me a break...  

New Contributor
WhiteRhinoLLC

At the bottom line ... I can not force myself to buy into Google or Apple, so waited out the intro of the Z10 to get a new device.  SUppose I will "make friends" with it soon, but still miss the email operation of OS7, particularly the ability to two-way sync Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes, and haven't gotten far enough to see what they did to syncing to Windows Media Player.  Times change ... but sometimes progress is tough!

benrobitaille
My Device: Q10

This is NOT the proper answer... People should have the right to choose the work flow model they want ... I have used BB deveices since 1997... this change in Workflow is NOT improving if 70,000,000 have been using one way... and some Product Person thinks it is better! Allow us to choose how we want to work!.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

benrobitaille wrote:

This is NOT the proper answer... People should have the right to choose the work flow model they want ... I have used BB deveices since 1997... this change in Workflow is NOT improving if 70,000,000 have been using one way... and some Product Person thinks it is better! Allow us to choose how we want to work!.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'm not quite sure which of the above posts your reply was intended for, but please understand that the point of this user-to-user community isn't to change anything that "is", but rather to help each other figure out the best way to function given whatever "is". So, in this case, while you are on target with your opinion, it does nothing to change how the functionality is currently coded into the device...hence, the need is for other users to know how to get by in spite of it. For, after all, since we can't change it, the choices really are limited to figuring out how to function within the limits of how it all functions, living with the frustrations of it but doing nothing to work around it, or abandoning the platform entirely. I really can't see any other choices that are of any value here in this user-to-user community...perhaps I do not properly understand your meaning?

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
PVM
PVM

[ Edited ]

How crazy can BB  technical designers become.

I have been using BB since last 9 years and  this feature of syncing emails is a poor joke on the user community. WHOM DID THEY ASK BEFORE THEY INTRODUCED THIS.....??

Why would I want to pay more money to my email hosting company to save my emails on their server. Who keeps emails on the server for more than a week? maybe large companies do...... but small companies cannot afford the space.

This is ridiculous and warped thinking. THIS IS THE BEST FEATURE BB HAD AND REMOVING THIS IS LIKE KILLING THE GOOSE WHICH LAYS THE GOLDEN EGGS AND SOMEONE  HAS THE BRILLIANCE TO ARGUE THAT KILLING THE GOOSE  IS GOOD.  DOES BB HAVE ANY SMART PEOPLE LEFT?

NOW I KNOW WHY BB IS GOING SOUTH.

GET IT BACK GUYS ......if you want to save BB........ this is SHEER NONSENSE. Listen to the user community and don't argue that you know what is good for us.  

KEEP THE EMAILS ON THE BB AND STOP SYNCING WITH THE SERVER PERIOD ELSE YOU WILL LOSE EVERYONE.

PVM
PVM

I completely agree.
Regular Contributor
Fr3lncr
My Device: Z30

Just FYI that the latest 10.2.1 leak apparently includes an option to delete on handheld/delete from server:

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-2-1-bringing-hub-server-deletion/

I have to say that 6 months ago, this would have made me estatic.  However, not having this feature made me completely redo how I managed my emails and since everything I do is now through Exchange Active Sync (before I did evertying through POP), I don't need it anymore and I have to admit the way I do things now is more efficient across different devices.

That being said, I know this feature coming back will make a lot of people happy.  Hopefully 10.2.1 will be official soon.  They really are rolling out updates fast now it seems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB-past: 9000>9700>9800>9780>9810>9900>Z10>Q5
New Contributor
boblds

One this is for sure, the person answering the questions has not used a Black Berry. Or atleast he hasnt used it for a while where he had to use the old one and now upgrate it to the Z10. I agree with all hte countles people who are requesting that like the old model BB we need to have a copy of the mails in BB- Be it BIS or sync it is irrelevant. I was using the basic Curve model for years, i wasnt going for IPHONE or Android because of the mail copies i could refer on my BB anytime. I upgrated to Z10 assuming that this was a BB feature. BB has no apps like Apple or Android. IF there is one and the only reason it is for mails- Mails that i can refer to like in the old models. Why should i pay so much and have the one advantage that i had also be taken off.

I am not switching back to the old curve model.

Please, please understand make BB atleast stand for what it has been known for years !.

The BIS technology needs to come back for all the OS 10 models

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

boblds wrote:

One this is for sure, the person answering the questions has not used a Black Berry. Or atleast he hasnt used it for a while where he had to use the old one and now upgrate it to the Z10.

I assume you are talking about me? If so, then you are completely incorrect. I have been using BBs since the late 1990's, as well as many other devices over the years. And I did indeed experience the pain of transition...your assumptions about me are 100% incorrect.

What I fear you have failed to recognize is the difference between seeking assistance with "what is" and trying to change the platform to suit your specific desires. The purpose of this site is to help users gain the most from their device, given whatever capabilities and limitations it may have. There are plenty of threads concerning what folks would rather have...but there's really nothing here in this forum to be done about that...we don't work for BB. What we do here is volunteer time those folks who need help dealing with "what is"...for that is the only thing we can really contribute to.

The desire to change "what is" certainly has validity...it's just that, once the desire is expressed, there's nothing further to be done here about that. And, as has been also observed, the platform is evolving and the "Delete On" capability has returned, which indeed is reason for many (perhaps not all) fans to rejoice.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code