Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Visitor
BJDC75
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

BB10 and Office 365

Good day. My work has just made the move to Office in the cloud (365). I have an iPhone running iOS 6.01 and it works fine. I get push email, Cal updates in real time, and can see all of my contacts. I recently got a BlackBerry Z10. I love the device, but when I setup my work email account using activesync, weird things happen.

1. Email account in HUB disappears - does not delete email but actual account is gone. Then it comes back
  2. Cal -  acts like email account. Obviously if account is gone, then all linked to it is gone as well.
  3. Contacts - well, same as above.

Then one night, after leaving it on on Wi-Fi, all seemed to work. Contacts were populated, cal was all there, and email account stayed and provided push email. 

I have a co-worker who then went out and purchased the same phone and started to experience the same things I did. Eventually, our IT department said it was an issue between BlackBerry and Microsoft and that he should return the phone.

I guess what I am asking, is has anyone had the same experience? Was it resolved? BlackBerry - is there a work around for this? I would hate to be forced to use my iPhone because it works at my work place. Also, my spouses work is still running Exchange 2003, and the Z10 on activesync, runs without issues.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luv2xlr8
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB10 and Office 365

I'm currently running my z10 with office 365 and don't have any of these issues. 

Did your IT dept have any rules or policies setup on the active snyc?

Have your tried to wipe the device and then try to setup the office 365 email first?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ryan_robinson
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB10 and Office 365

I have two Microsoft Office emails (one for work, one personal) and I've never had any problems with either. In fact, the sync for all data is really fast.

Please use plain text.