Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
fred-egoli
My Device: 9800 torch

BB10 sync with Google calendar and Contacts

I was very excited h to pick up my new Z10 yesterday in London.

Now I am having the same old struggles that I had with BB before.

Spending all day in front of a PC to get the sync sorted between my Google  account and the BB 

Does anyone know an easy way?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: BB10 sync with Google calendar and Contacts

my way simply works, I have added my GMail account and calendar & contacts are in sync.

what have you done so far?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Delete Account and add in again but Before even entering email address scroll down and choose advanced, then choose Exchange Active Sync. Then use m.google.com for server address.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Fareedali
My Device: z10

not all my google contacts are showing up when I setup my gmail account as active sync however they do if I setup the account as "gmail"  what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

is there anything special with those contacts that do not work on ActiveSync but not the other way?
picture, special chars in the address, anything that could help understand?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Fareedali
My Device: z10

Turned off the contacts and turned it back on and it started working.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonhoffman
My Device: Z10

I am having the same issue. I added an Exchange Sync account, and only some of my contacts appeared. I turned off and on contacts and it worked.

However, the calendar is not syncing correctly yet. In my google calendar I have a secondary shared calendar with my wife. It's her personal google calendar that she shared with my account. Only my primary google calendar shows on the Z10, not hers.

On my iPhone, which I just switched from, I used the Microsoft Exchange sync as well and it showed both calendars.

Do you know how to correct this?

Thanks,

Jason

Please use plain text.
Developer
jforce

I am having calendar issues as well. None of my google calendars are showing up. Even after compiling all entries from a backup from my 9900 into a separate .bbb file, the restore didn't work. I was on the phone all day yesterday with a BB support rep who helped me through it but nothing has worked. :smileysad:

BlackBerry® Z10
Editor
www.berryreview.com
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

all Google Calendars have a CalDAV address. Both the primary calendar and the non primary calendar.

The usual setting on the Z10 will only add the primary calendar.

To add non primary calendars to your Z10, it is easy.
from the hum, go to the right menu, then settings, accounds, add account, then advanced.

Scroll down and select CalDAV and set it up. Your login is your username is your GMail address. The URL can be fetched on the Google Calendar page using a desktop browser.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonhoffman

Xandrex, thanks for the help. I'm almost there just need a bit more help to add the secondary calendar. This secondary calendar that I want to add is a shared calendar from someone else in a different Google account.

The URL you are refering to, is that the "Private Address" found in Google Calendar? What field in the Z10 settings does this go into, "Server Address"?

Jason

Please use plain text.