Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
Publisher
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB10 two-way sync with Outlook is NOW HERE !!!

...unfortunately not from BlackBerry, but a paid-for app from here: http://bb10outlooksync.com/

It's $24.99 for a single-user license, but I've got to say that given it's taking an age for BlackBerry to give us something that so many of us so desperately want (and are dumbfounded as to why it was omitted from BB10), it's worth every penny.

I did initially try CompanionLink's DejaOffice app. However, this wasn't really native, had no Hub functionality and was a little clunky (not to say costly). They guys there gave me a money-back refund without any problem once I'd identified it wasn't for me. I have no complaints with them; it was just their software/app wasn't for me.

Once I heard about BB10 Outlook Sync, though, I immediately downloaded it to trial on my Z10 but ran into some issues - basically it didn't work! But the tech support was fantastic and we identified that because this software has developed in conjunction with - but independently from - CompanionLink, my app was tripping up on shrapnel left by the DejaOffice app after I'd de-installed it.

We soon had it sorted and though I've only been using the app for 24 hours, it is Nirvana! This app works and I now have all my Outlook Contacts visible in the Hub, and my calendar syncs perfectly to my Z10's native calendar app. It's superb... and I'm back up an running my work stuff a la 9900, and without any need for a wi-fi or cloud-based method.

The PC end of the software allows you to sync both ways, or just one way, with Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes via a nice, safe USB-wired connection. If you've got a lot of data to bring across, be patient on the first sync because it will take some time (over half-an-hour in my case). But after that initial transfer of databases, it's then much quicker.

The UI is simple and very easy to follow and while it's a little frustrating that BlackBerry's omission of such a vital function means we have to look to a third-party application, at least we now have something that lets us safely sync to Ms Outlook.

Well done these guys for beating BlackBerry to the tape - for that alone, you are welcome to my $24.99!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

Re: BB10 two-way sync with Outlook is NOW HERE !!!

Thanks for the info however why should we pay for a software that is already free on all the other smart phones . BB should wake up and address this problem before a massive sell off.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Publisher

I agree. But at least we now have a solution until BlackBerry pulls its finger out. Even if it costs £16GBP
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drjgorman1
My Device: PlayBook 2
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

The first thing BlackBerry should do is fire their software architect, for even imagining a system that did not have Outlook support.  Then they need to get all of their engineers in a room, and find out who wants to be the hero, and promote him.  This fiasco had dragged on for months, and they are way behind the curve.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drjgorman1

P.S. I have a Z10 that is not showing on my info.
Please use plain text.
Vyger88
My Device: Blackberry 9900

I registered just to add my vioce to the many.

I am due an upgrade, have been watching the Z10 but due to the lack of Outlook sync it looks like I will be switching from Blackberry.

I noted one user comment that they would move away for 12 months until this issue was resolved but alas I would doubt Blackberry will exist as a company in 12 months when missing such essential and expected functionality.

)-:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Publisher

I wouldn't be too hasty. Reports are that we'll be seeing this functionality in 'June'
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dreamfarm
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Rogers

just synced my BBZ10 calendar with Outlook!! There was an update to BBLink (1.1.1.26). I downloaded and installed on my PC. I attached my BB10 by USB and the option to update and sync contacts and calendars came up for the BB10. I configured then tried sync. It first gave me an error - sync was unsuccessful but long story short I synced contacts alone first and it worked, Then I synced calendar using only last 30 days and future ( not entire calendar) and it worked!!!

Note I am using Icloud contacts and calendar within Outlook as my primary info.

I am not technically knowledgable but I can see my calendar on My BB10 now. Hurray!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BFalcon1
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BB Link still does not sync...today is 8/6/13

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drjgorman1

BFalcon 1,

Mine has been syncing both ways since 7/26.  You need to have: Link v. 1.1.1.32 and OS 10.1.x.x.  If you have both of those, you should be able to do the sync.

Please use plain text.