Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: SFR

Backing up data on the BlackBerry Z10

I am trying to backup data like I used to do with the torch 9800 using the BlackBerry Protect website.

I am trying to store/restore data using the services.

I am getting a 

"Hello, Nice to see youSmiley Happy

Your BlackBerry 10 device currently makes use of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Backup and Restore options.

learn more"

The link to learn more is not working and the application BLackBerry Desktop Mamager is also not working.

The BlackBerry link application is kind of working but I am not able to store/restore anything to/from the device.

Also on the device if I turn off the blackBerry protect to off in the settings I am not able to turn it back on.

Would the Blackberry team have realised that their backing software is not working properly for the BlackBerry Z10 device?

All Replies
Solutions: 6,191
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Backing up data on the BlackBerry Z10

Protect does not backup device data (for now).

When you connect to Link on your PC, do you see the Z10 as connected, in the Link screen at the bottom?

>> Click here to get a 10% Off Discount on any BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: SFR

Re: Backing up data on the BlackBerry Z10

yes I do. 

Another thing if I have the torch 9800 connected as well, I then have two devices connected 

and the two icon shows. I can then see the content from both devices. 

However I am not able to copy images or file from one device to the other.

I woudl also like to add that Z10 does not allow to copy files from the standard memery to 

the micro sd card making it very difficult to retrieve data.  Maybe I have not worked out how to 

do it yet!