Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
wineaux
My Device: Blackberry Z10

BlackBerry Bridge and the Z10

It used to be that the Blackberry Bridge allowed the user to access the e-mail, calendar, contact that existed on the phone.  Now it does not.  While some things are more integrated like accessing the files, etc., how can the phone's e-mail, contact, and calender be viewed on the Playbook through the bridge?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Bridge and the Z10

You're right. I wish when we knew of an upcoming Bridge update. Those items just won't work currently through Bridge.

The workaround is to integrate those email/contacts/calendar accounts directly to the PlayBook.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wineaux
My Device: Blackberry Z10

integrating, i.e., copying the contacts to/from the playbook is not really a solution.  I really never liked that the phone and the playbook contacts/calendar were separate.  I'll just have to hope that when a bridge update is released, this issue is solved since the underlying operating system is now the same.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Well, I wouldn't suggest copying the contacts, but if you're using a MAPI type email account, you can integrate those contacts to the PlayBook with no problem. They would sync over to the PlayBook.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
tbone6812
My Device: z10

Whomever decided to release this without it prperly working with the bridge is just a complete **bleep**! Why would i buy a new expensive phone if i have a playbook for it not to work the way my old phone did with it DUMMIES!!! They cannot be trying to save the company this feature of using the bridge with playbok was one fo the reasons i stayed with them and now i see it does not work properly with my phone and i may have to wait months for a fix = RETURN THE PHONE !!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wayno70
My Device: Z10 and Playbook 64GB

And bring back unlimited BIS!!!

Please use plain text.