Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
dave-willis-cc
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

BlackBerry OS10 Balance and Other Questions

Good evening all,

I am desperate to purchase the Z10 (busy saving up), I am just wondering if someone could possibly answer a few questions about BB10. Is it possible to setup BlackBerry Balance on a personal device when without working for a company that utilises BES? If this is possible, are the BBM contacts on the separate partitions completely separate and can you setup two completely different profiles for yourself? Such as separate display names and photos?

My other question is that, does BB10 still have the little double-ended arrow in the top right hand corner to say that information is being sent and/or received? I really like this feature.

Regards,

Dave

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BlackBerry OS10 Balance and Other Questions

Hi Dave,

To use BlackBerry Balance, you need to have BES set up. That said, if you really want to use BES, there are some cloud providers that can help you with that. I don't know their charges, but there are a few that can help.

That all said, the two profiles are completely separate from each other, so I do believe that your BBM contacts would be seperate under each profile (but I cannot confirm that myself as I don't use my device for work).

As to the data transfer arrows, those arrows currently do not exist, but it is likely something that BlackBerry could add back if they felt there was enough interest.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

About BlackBerry Banance, there is a very strict definition of what can belong to the "work use" and the "personal use".

for the work use, it is here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/25759/Data_apps_that_BB_defines_for_work_use_130246...

and for the personal use, it is here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/25759/Data_apps_that_BB_defines_for_personal_use_13...

you can see specifically:

• BBm is only on personal use
  • to make things very easy to understand, nothing is for "work use" except :
    • anything related to the BES account (email, contacts, tasks, memos, calendar)
    • anything related to the BES contacts (SMS, phone call logs)
    • any application that is flagged for "work use", including files downloaded from the intranet, browser history and browser cache

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

dave-willis-cc wrote:

Good evening all,

I am desperate to purchase the Z10 (busy saving up), I am just wondering if someone could possibly answer a few questions about BB10. Is it possible to setup BlackBerry Balance on a personal device when without working for a company that utilises BES?

Sorry no

If this is possible, are the BBM contacts on the separate partitions completely separate and can you setup two completely different profiles for yourself? Such as separate display names and photos?

not sure yet but this is a fun way to get both of the worlds, i am a private guy a work and know the need

My other question is that, does BB10 still have the little double-ended arrow in the top right hand corner to say that information is being sent and/or received? I really like this feature.

me too and many others wish for this to be there as well

Regards,

Dave

issue have been submitted already

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V