Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SQW100-1
My Carrier: Meteor

BlackBerry VR Glasses idea

BlackBerry always tells us how they are pushing the limits of what is possible, one of the things is secure environment and the Internet of things.

While I was dreaming away about the BlackBerry Passport I had a great idea how to make BlackBerry even better.

As most of you know we have miracast on the BlackBerry Z10 and we will get blend later.
What if BlackBerry builds an type of glasses that connects to your phone.

You can type messages by just pressing in the air, you can do video call and you have the feeling you are actually in the same room as any one else.

You can swipe up, left, right just by doing on your phone but in the air.
Open apps by just "clicking " swipe up, close apps, everything you do now but without touching your phone at all!

Maybe typing a long email is kinda hard to do, but what if you can have a bbm group call? By looking left you can see and look at the person talking based on maybe gps location or something else?

You can watch movies on your phone if you feel like it, but you have a very big screen, because you were the glasses.

The possibilities are endless! Together with secure BlackBerry smartphones and servers and services this might not sound as stupid as you maybe think it is?

think about it! Who else has this? Google glasses are not exactly the same and Google glass is just an way to show spam on your glasses!

But having a useful device that can both act like a glass but also give me all options I want to do on my phone would be perfect?

Small example, I walk a lot.. just for staying fit.. it's around 20km / day.
I listen to music on my BlackBerry Z10, sometimes I don't feel like listening to a song.. so I need to take my phone out my pocket, unlock it, open the music app if it's in AF, and switch song.

Now think about that you can do all this with just clicking in the air, music app, switch song and put it back in AF.. no need to take your phone out your pocket.

Video call or phone call? That night be harder :smileywink: because the person will see in your pocket.. voice can work.

So, what do you people think?