Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
dadamwalker
My Device: Z10

Blackberry Games App Help!

I like to play the odd game while killing time in the washroom. Since the new update, every time I would play a game, the Blackberry Games app would pop up and ask me to get started. Finally, I caved and hit "Get Started" in hopes to get rid of it. The Games app automatically sent a broadcast to all of my BBM contacts without my knowledge or permission. I went to permissions and tried to change it, but the permissions are locked. Now whenever I play a game it broadcasts to all of my BBM contacts. Since it is a BB operating system app, I cannot delete it.

I have done some searching on the internet and I'm not the only one with this problem. However, I have yet to find a solution. Can someone please help??? I don't want my colleagues to know that I'm playing games every time I head to the washroom.

Solutions I have tried without success:

1) Changing settings in the Games App...There really aren't any settings in this app

2) Changing permissions...Permissions are locked. It's not possible to turn off

3) Deleting the app...App cannot delete because it's a BB native operating system app

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Games App Help!

Hi dadamwalker,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with BlackBerry Games.

What software version does your BlackBerry Z10 have installed?

To clarify, under Settings>Security and Privacy>Application Permissions when you tap the box that says Permissions All and change it to Connect to BBM, you are unable to disable Games?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!