Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mackbig
My Device: Playbook, z10, 9900

Blackberry Link device switch - says successful, but no contacts or calendar items show up

Trying to copy contacts, calendar, etc from 9300 to z10.   The process seems to work, both devices connect, it says backing up from 9300.   The is says copying to z10.  Says its successful.  List all things copied.   Click finish.  Nada on new device.  BBM is only thing that worked, and that came from bbid.

I have used switch device around 20 times over the years, never had an issue.

Thanks,

Andrew

Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: Blackberry Link device switch - says successful, but no contacts or calendar items show up

This is of no help, but the Contacts should move over but the Calendar will not.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
scopewizard
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Blackberry Link device switch - says successful, but no contacts or calendar items show up

Personal contacts and calendar appointments that are not synced with an online source such as Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, or Yahoo! Mail

That is something to watch for. If not sync then you are good else you need to recreate an account and sync to one of the above accounts for your contact to transfer to BB 10.

Denis

New Contributor
mackbig
My Device: Playbook, z10, 9900

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the replies

The contacts and calendar I am trying to "import" was just on the device, not sync'd externally.   Might have been on bis email address.    But when I try to add that it says "Blackberry email accounts are not supported on bb10.... if that was your bbid, change it to something else.   WTF?  bb10 doesnt not support its own email service?

Usually all this info is stored locally.  I can tell cause I can see it in the backup from the 9300.

Oddly enough I sent my vcard from my 9900.   It imported, got most of the tags wrong, and didnt even put my pin in the correct space in the bb10 address profile.

Well after a  wipe and another several attempts at device switch, I have a bunch of contacts, but only their email addresses came over.  But now BBM doesnt work (another post).

Not liking this transition at all.  Just read PIN messages are gone too.  Im sure she wishes now she had of made the jump to apple like everyone else.

Contributor
scopewizard
My Device: Blackberry Z10

This might help out. It also states what can be transfered automatically or manually. Some issues mentionned in your post might be answered. BB 10 has a brand new OS therefore compatibility in transfer is sometimes not possible and must be done manually.

http://www.troubleshootingtoolkit.com/Article.aspx?lang=1&id=255

Denis

Visitor
wjanz1
My Device: Z10

I spent many hours trying to find a solution to the same problem. Finally found two potential bugs in the Link program and how to work around them. First, I had one group contact list. I removed it from the address book on my 9630 running OS 5. Second, I found two contacts that were linked to Facebook, but they did not have profile pictures. I added profile pictures for them on my phone and tried Link again. This time it worked!

Not sure if the group contact list was the problem at all. I suspect it was the Facebook missing profile pictures as I found a thread that indicated the BB Desktop Software had a the same problem syncing to Outlook.