Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Schaks
My Device: z10

Blackberry Update Keep on Re-installing Factory Pre Installed Apps

I've uninstalled some apps my Z10 came with, but BlackBerry System update re-installs them every time. Worst, If I ignore the update, The phone reminds me about twice a day. But I don't want to completely disable all updates. I just don't need updates about unwanted softwares that aren't even on phone in the first place.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Update Keep on Re-installing Factory Pre Installed Apps

Hello,

As has always been with BlackBerry devices, there are always embedded apps within the OS, and those change over time as different licensing deals come and go. Some are directly embedded by BlackBerry, others are embedded by the carriers (who still control the OS release process for BB10).

Unfortunately, there is presently nothing for BB10 that is comparable to AppLoader where we could control exactly what loads to the BB at the time of implementing an update (non-OTA, of course). Unless and until such a function arrives for BB10, the only way to obtain the updated OS is to accept those unwanted items...and remove them after the update completes.

Annoying...yes...but there is no other way at this time. Consider it similar to those annoying "teaser" shortcuts that the carriers are always pushing out to pre-BB10 devices...annoying as well, and no way to prevent.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code