Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Du

Blackberry Z10 - must have features in coming update very soon (without which I will sell the phone to someone)

There are several features missing in the new BB Z10 which otherwise is capable of giving goosebumps to all competetor smartphones. The MUST HAVE updates (apart from the deadly requirement of lot more applications) are:

1. There is no flexibility of using PIN and DOT-JOIN type of locks badly needed for this type of phone. Writing a password everytime it locks is too much to do specially when you keep getting text on your BBM every now and then and you are working along.
  2. Native MUSIC playing application is missing the feature of showing the LIST OF SONGS. It automatically segregates the songs/audio under album and singer categories which is good but please understand that not all mp3 are well sorted for all users and therefore sorting by songname (file name) is also important.
  3. There is no application level lock. So if I give my phone to any friend to check out the new BB Z10 which works well for business growth of Blackberry (word of mouth and customer doing your marketting), I am forced to compromise my text and pics which I may not want to share specially my BBM or Whatsapp for that matter. Or even emails, so there must be an application level lock for saving my privacy.
  4. Hub and every account which is configured should have its own PIN based lock to protect my phone and my information (business or personal) since this phone works well for both and it may eliminate the need of two phones.
  5. Ringtones and notification sounds are very much limited. Older tunes are also removed whereas bbm users are well versed with those sounds. 
  6. The profile making option is missing. Right now, we cannot customise how each application should give sound and vibrate (vibration control feature is missing). These are badly needed since the existing vibration is very long and not suitable for office setting.
  7. Integration with Whatsapp (or probably 3rd party apps) is not done well. For example, I cannot share even the image received from whatsapp to whatsapp users.
  8. Equilizer function is missing on the music player. It would be deadly if we had sound control both in audio and video playing by which BBZ10 will have edge over all competitors.
  9. Profile change happens only between Normal and Silent on clicking on the dropdown from the top, whereas every click should actually change to next type of profile (vibrate only etc). Custom profile feature is a must and customizing vibration is really needed without which it gives a feel of being so much limited.
  10. BB Link software should have a way to synchronize the contacts with outlook and windows contacts. Also, BB10 once connected through BBLink should synchronize the contacts. Currently, there is no easy way to transfer the contacts from existing phone to BBZ10 specially I am migrating from Iphone or Android. 
Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Z10 - must have features in coming update very soon (without which I will sell the phone to someone)

Most all of your points have been covered numerous times already, especially in this thread.

1. I don't understand this DOT-JOIN?

3. While BlackBerry has never had that, I believe there are third party apps to lock portions of the Z10, as there has been in the past.

5. old BB ringtones for BB10

7. Contact the WhatsApp developer.

8. Try the Neutron music player.

10. If you're using the iCloud on your iPhone your contacts should sync well. Link is underdeveloped, has an update coming to allow two way sync.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: No Device (Yet)
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Blackberry Z10 - must have features in coming update very soon (without which I will sell the phone to someone)

Dot Join I belive to be the android pattern lock. When you press the unlock button you then swipe the screen connecting dots in a particular pattern to unlock the device and begin using it.

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Ah, similar to BlackBerry apps called PatternLock.

I don't understand Androidese. Smiley Wink

Thanks for clarifying!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

The most important feature missing is categories in the contacts! I think someone should get fired for missing something so basic!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Maybe pickup any BB before the Z10 and put back in everything the older BB does that you left out in the Z10
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: vodafone.de

Except the bugs maybe ;D

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: STC - Saudi Arabia

i agree with you... bb should have all the great features and funtions of previous bb either enhanced or modified to give the bb z10 users something extra... in addition to new features which are in the z10... but they have taken away some of the things we loved in the bb... rim or bb... kindly bring back the essentials which you or someone in your company forgot to put in the new bb z10...

Device : BlackBerry Z10
Model : STL100-1
Carrier : STC
Software Release : 10.2.1.2102
OS Version : 10.2.1.2141
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860, Bold 9900, Z10, Z30
My Carrier: e-Plus

I would wish for the webbrowsers password management, that the passwords could be edited like with the outstanding blackberry password manager. These password should be encrypted. Or the password manager app should store all browser passwords and manage them with the browser.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

chorotia wrote:

Native MUSIC playing application is missing the feature of showing the LIST OF SONGS. It automatically segregates the songs/audio under album and singer categories which is good but please understand that not all mp3 are well sorted for all users and therefore sorting by songname (file name) is also important.

hello,

there is a way, but not just one click. I found this trick recently on this forum Smiley Happy

1. open the Music player
  2. go to the playlists
  3. the first icon should be named "All Songs"

And then you get the all songs listing as in OS5/O6/OS7.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: