Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
ACFraser1
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Re: Bluetooth on Blackberry Z10

can i ask the source of your information? 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
robbieDubya
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I asked the Senior Product Manager of BlackBerry 10 Automotive Experience and the Team Lead of BlueTooth Profiles.

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

This is what I feared. Apparently it is the r in rsap that is usually the cause of the problem with in car Bluetooth systems. I have the early VW Premium Bluetooth system and could not connect the Torch to it.

I would only risk buying the Z10 if it could definitely connect to my in car system. Otherwise Blackberry will have to do without me as I might as well stick to the iPhone 5, which also does not support rsap but is a proven phone. Poor Blackberry information and customer support reminiscent of reasons why I was so frustrated with Nokia, never again!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Banbara
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Torch 9860

Bluetooth Blackberry Z10 (Protocol SAP)

Hi,

If all this is true, it must complete Blackberry on its website regarding the Bluetooth specification Z10. More deprive themselves of a number of customers affected by this important protocol Bluetooth is an unpardonable and risk their very expensive. As for me, I absolutely need a phone that allows me to call in my car and in good conditions. All German cars are concerned, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, etc. ..
If all this is confirmed, I would go as Nokia is still a model that works with this protocol (Nokia PureView).

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Tigershark24 wrote:
I would only risk buying the Z10 if it could definitely connect to my in car system.

I don't know anything about cars, but I think that if I were you, I would simply look at the car documentation, and see what are the BlueTooth requirements for a phone to work 100% with the car.

And then see if rSAP is required or if SAP is enough.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

The problem is not our knowledge the in car Bluetooth systems we use, it is that Blackberry are not upfront about the Bluetooth profiles supported in the technical specifications so we cannot determine compatibility. Also SAP and rSAP are very similar and so confusion is very likely. 

Blackberry have it in their power to provide adequate information on their phones capabilities and a simple statement of supported Bluetooth profiles would have informed most people. Also, to avoid any confusion if SAP is listed the words in brackets (rsap not supported) would make things abundantly clear. 

Finally, I would not consider going back to Nokia, too many scars from past failings even though they are moving forward. Blackberry is in the same place and needs to gain the trust and confidence of existing customers and attract new ones if it is to survive in this very competitive environment. 

Does anyone agree with me, just press like if you do. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

I agree with you on a theoretical point of view. But my opinion is not relevant and yours is not either, because both the Senior Product Manager of BlackBerry 10 Automotive Experience and the Team Lead of BlueTooth Profiles are aware of what you say, and they probably did not wake up saying "let's not give RSAP to Z10 users".

My answer was about the real life, what I can influence by my posts:
if someone is wondering if the Z10 can do 100% Bluetooth comm with their car, the easiest way is to read the Bluetooth requirements of the car manufacturer for the phone accessory to work.
And if RSAP is mandatory, then the Z10 will not give the Bluetooth car experience they want.
On the other hand if SAP is enough for their car, then this is not an obstacle.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Banbara

Bluetooth protocol Blackberry Z10

Hi,

Yes Bluetooth profile defined between automakers and manufacturers of mobile phones at the time is SAP. My car runs like this for years. The only problem today is the site of Blackberry can not find information on the Bluetooth profiles supported by the Z10 simply. I think Blackberry should promptly update the technical specifications of the Z10, regarding bluetooth.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Banbara

Bluetooth protocols

Here are the different bluetooth profiles, which we interrested in this thread is discution number: 22

1 - GAP : Generic Access Profile
  2 - SDAP : Service Discovery Application Profile
  3 - SPP : Serial Port Profile
  4 - HS Profile : Headset Profile
  5 - DUN Profile : Dial-up Networking Profile
  6 - LAN Access Profile : ce profil est maintenant obsolète ; il est remplacé par le profil PAN
  7 - Fax Profile
  8 - GOEP : Generic Object Exchange Profile
  9 - SP : Synchronization Profile
10 - OPP : Object Push Profile
11 - FTP : File Transfer Profile
12 - CTP : Cordless Telephony Profile
13 - IP : Intercom Profile
14 - A2DP : Advanced Audio Distribution Profile
15 - AVRCP : Audio Video Remote Control Profile
13 - HFP : HandsFree Profile
17 - PAN : Personal Area Network Profile
18 - VDP : Video Distribution Profile
19 - BIP : Basic Imaging Profile
20 - BPP : Basic Printing Profile
21 - SYNC : Synchronisation Profile
22 - SAP : SIM Access Profile
23 - PBAP : PhoneBook Access Profile
24 - HIDP : Human Interface Device Profile
25 - MAP : Message Access Profile

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Re: Bluetooth protocols

as stated above, SAP is supported but RSAP is not.

Please use plain text.