Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Banbara
My Device: Torch 9860

Re: Bluetooth protocols

Hi,

Thank you for this very interresting information for a large number of client blackberry. Now it has to be official by updating the technical characteristics of the site Z10 Blackberry. There should be no equivocal at the time of purchase, and once this update is done I'm sure there will be thousands of orders by all those concerned and waiting it for months.

DGT
New Contributor
DGT
My Device: Bold 9900

Xandrex:

Surely SAP and rSAP are the same technology? rSAP simply having the English prefix of the word remote... I can't find any technical explanation of them being different protocols? Can you cite references in your posts please.

All:

BlackBerry claims SAP is supported by the Bold 9900 but that phone (as reported widely elsewhere) does not function with the German car manufacturers - at least with UK networks. The SAP profile starts up and then does not provide the connection with the vehicle as it should so be wary of accepting the spec listed. Only my Torch 9800 works SAP properly with the car phone profile.

The only way to be sure is for someone to get out there with a Z10 and confirm that the SAP/rSAP connection on the CAR PHONE profile with Audi, VW, Skoda etc actually provides the full use of the SIM in the phone BY THE CAR, and the all important use of the phones Internet connection for Navigation (incl Google Earth on certain car models) and Traffic Data is present. If you don't understand specifically what I mean here please don't just tell us the Bluetooth connection works so you can make calls and read your address book through the car. That is not what we long for! 

If (remote) SIM Access Profile is not present and working in this way with UK owners of German cars then BlackBerry have missed a huge opportunity  with the Z10 in the UK over their rivals. You need to (i) get it high up on your list of tweaks in your next software release (and sell hundreds of thousands of Z10's on the back of it) or (ii) be congratulated for it being present now!

Let's resolve this asap folks...because I'm waiting with cash in hand to buy Z10's for the family if it works with our Audi A3 and A5. I will also try and get to a phone outlet next week to find the answer.

DGT

2 x Playbooks, Bold 9900, Curve 8900, Torch 9800, Curve 8920

Contributor
Banbara
My Device: Torch 9860

Effctivement I could try a model torch 9860 supports SAP. the pairing is successful, the car recognizes the phone, the phone finds the car and accepts all the pairing procedure, but then the car can not connect to this phone, it's frustrating. In my case I am in France on the SFR network and I also try to Bouyguestélécom, but the result is the same. We love blackberry for all the rest, but this is crutial and Blackberry should be the height and listening to its loyal customers. We can not wait for official clarification, especially a support unequivocally.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

salut Banbara,

your only way to make things change is contact Bouygtel again and tell them just that. Only them can tell BlackBerry to publish more thorough information.

a+

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
Xandrex

DGT wrote:

Xandrex:

Surely SAP and rSAP are the same technology? rSAP simply having the English prefix of the word remote... I can't find any technical explanation of them being different protocols? Can you cite references in your posts please.

I'm just a user.

but I did my homework. I have found information about the SAP Bluetooth profile, but nothing official about RSAP. Neither to say that RSAP is SAP or to say that RSAP is different from SAP.

So I guess RSAP is a proprietary profile or something. Anyway, SAP is supported by OS5, OS6, OS7 phones, so my guess is that SAP is also supported by BlackBerry10 phones. It is juts a guess.
 I have access to the exact same BlackBerry10 information as you do, DGT. On the other hand, your local carrier shop or your local car seller may have more inforamation about RSAP, or about the Z10 officially supporting SAP.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10

Re: Bluetooth on Blackberry Z10

I went to have a look at the phone and Although the demo that runs with the z10 phones in the shops is limiting and gets in the way of learning about the phone I have ordered one. Vodafone in the UK has sold out of all stock in the UK and is awaiting delivery in the next 7 days. When it arrives I will try and pair and provide the answer to the Bluetooth question. I willl also review the phone. I hope this helps resolve the issue. One thing that made me take this step are the really positive reviews of the phone from staff. I also had some negative opinion of the advantage if upgrading from IPhone 4S to 5 with most people claiming it was not worth it. Keeping fingers crossed!
Guru I
Xandrex

1) you mean positive review from the Vodafone staff ?

2) thank you for the upcoming review ! I have to confess that I have never been in a car that communicated with a phone. I know it exists, but it's still science fiction to me.

Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10

Both Vodafone and EE staff. The guy in the EE store had his own personal iPhone 5 and the Z10 and he was very clearly recommending the Z10 as the better phone.

I of course meant the VW PREMIUM bluetooth system factory fiited in the car. Actually the rSAP and SAP protocols (if they are different) actually allow streaming of information from the phone and the in car system and as this is part of the car The phone can be said to communicate with the car!

Anyway, joking apart I am trying to help out others and hope to provide a resution to the issue raised when the phone arrives. If someone else beats me to it I will just be adding confirmation. We all want the phone to work so let's hope for the best.

My next post will be after the phone has been tested.
New Contributor
ACFraser1
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi

Really appreciate you doing this. It will help a lot of people including myself.

Thanks in advance

A

New Contributor
sebbie
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

SAP and rSAP are two names of the same Bluetooth protocol.