Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
sebbie
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Bluetooth protocols

I have Audi A6 MY2012 with MMI High 3G and BlackBerry 9900 works in Car Phone mode just as 9700 was working. Both on O2 network in UK.
New Contributor
sebbie

Re: Bluetooth on Blackberry Z10

I don't know if it has or not but I wouldn't choose my handset based on this criteria. I've MMI 3G and BlackBerry 9900 and I wanted to highlight few real life issues. Pros first. Google earth and street view is impressive and works great. Reception and voice quality is top notch. Cons. BlackBerry is effectively locked out of function, contrary to online claims you can't use handset. Yes, it does create hot spot in car but if you touch or hit key it asks you to leave car phone mode. Emails do not arrive either. It gets worse with text messages, they are intercepted by car system and they never reach your handset. You'll end up with half of messages on BlackBerry and other half in MMI. Considering pros and cons I think it is not worth the hassle. Better leave phone in hands free mode. There is serious flaw in design and I think Audi/Merc need to solve this on hardware level (BMW already did). Hope that helps, shout if you need more info, happy to help.
DGT
New Contributor
DGT
My Device: Bold 9900

Really useful info here sebbie, thank you.
Is your Bold 9900 on a corporate server or is it a off the shelf personal contract with O2?
Wondering if its the Enterprise settings on my work phone that is preventing the Bold working with car phone Audi A5 MY2012
Thanks
DGT
New Contributor
sebbie

It is on O2 BIS, standard tariff. I don't have BES connected handset to test with but I know it can limit BB capabilities, I think it will be best to check with your Exchange admin.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10

As promised in my earlier post I am now able to confirm that the Blackberry Z10 is unable to connect to the VW PREMIUM Bluetooth in car system. The problem is that the device search does not find a compatible device even though the phone is discoverable. The odd thing is that the phone finds the phone system but cannot connect. 

Therefore if your phone requires rSAP then forget using this phone. 

I did promise a review and although it's early days I can report that this is a phone that whilst not initially intuitive does get better with use. The BlackBerry connect software is buggy and very slow.

Transferring your old phones date is difficult and does not work as it should. As costs do not transfer or sync with Outlook the easiest way is to sync with a mail provider like Gmail and then get contacts on the phone that way. I then transfer the contacts to the sim cars then delete from the mail account and then perform a back up to the Blackberry connect software. A good tip is to don't his first or the contacts get duplicatedbwith other social apps and bbm.

Gripes apart the browser, black Bury hub and browser are great. The keyboard is the best, amazing even. My initial thought was to return the phone and get the iphone 5 but this phone is better and the more I try it the better it gets.

No doubt it takes a minute to get turned on and it lags a bit here and there but hopefully this will be fixed in updates. 

Still using the phone and have a few days left before the 7 day cooling off period expires. I will update progress.

New Contributor
ACFraser1
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks for this. That's a major let down not having rSAP. I have an audi on order!!

Anyone else out there tried this?

A

New Contributor
ACFraser1
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi Xandrex

According to Tigershark24's post on Thursday the bluetooth pairing doesn't work. Are you sure the Z10 has rSAP?

A

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello ACFraser1,

the Z10 does not have rSAP, please read message 10 from a RIM employee, of the current discussion:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/Bluetooth-on-Blackberry-Z10/...

I know my BlackBerry 5 / BlackBerry 7 have SAP, so my belief is that SAP is also available on BlackBerry 10, but this is just my own belief. On the Z10, it is not possible to see the available BlueTooth profiles.

I still do not know the link between rSAP and SAP. I did not find any official information on the internet about rSAP.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10

Hi, I appreciate some people are confused and the fault is entirely with BlackBerry for for being clearer about the bluetooth profiles supported by the Z10. All I can say is that I had the same problem with the BlackBerry Torch and so the answer must be that RSAP is definitely not supported but that if the Z10 has SAP then it may be compatible with your in car blue tooth system. The problems is that you will need someone with a confirmed SAP Blue tooth system to do what I did and purchase the phone to check and report as I did.

In respect of the Z10, there are some issues to report, the browser can get stuck on loading a Web page and the I player app is poor and only links to the Web page. The video is not reliable and freezes from time to time spooning viewing pleasure. The BBC have no plans to make a native Bb10 app so that is a blow. I should add that I have 100Mb connection so the problem is definitely with the phone. Also works fine with iphone. 

That aside the lack of quality apps will be a disadvantage to potential buyers. Despite all of this I think the distinct feature, great messaging, best keyboard have convinced me to keep the phone. My wife was also very impressed with the Z10 and the photo editing app, which is great. She is likely to upgrade to the Z10 instead of the iphone 5. The is despite the bluetooth problem. The lesson for me is never again to purchase a car that does not support software upgrades and the widest possible number of bluetooth profiles. 

Contributor
scopewizard
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Bluetooth is a standard, rSAP or SAP is the same, SIM activate profile.

First I would make sure your car bluetooth is not pair to any other devices, clear it.

Some car modes only allow one phone on the system.

If device still exits, it may prevents pairing.

If you phone z10 see the car device then bluetooth is working.

Possible solutions

Move phone around (power out of phone is very low)

Z10 is Bluetooth 4.0 (LE)  - low emission which means low power

Make your phone fully discoverable

be patient.