Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10

Re: Bluetooth on Blackberry Z10

This forum thread has been going for some time with many disgruntled users complaining about the lack of rSAP or SAP but there has been no official response from BlackBerry. We now need a response from BlackBerry as to whether they will consider a change in updates to implement the Bluetooth protocols requested or not. Enough is enough, tell us what you intend to do if anything.
UTJan
My Device: Bold 9900

I do not buy the z10 until it works with sap. I have the 9900 and it works great over rSAP, also the 9700 and 9105!

New Contributor
wuesten_fuchs
My Device: 9800

[ Edited ]

Xandrex wrote:

I have yet to find a user who will be able to test his/her car with a BlackBerry 7 device and with a Z10, and say "it works with BlackBerry 7 but not with the Z10".

I have a Nokia 616 car phone which supports Bluetooth SAP. This is working fine with my wife's Blackberry 9700 and while I got my previous Blackberry 9800 recognized, it never really worked (like many other users reported for other car kits). My new Blackberry Z10 is only recognized as a hands free device and definitely not as SAP capable.

However, I have given up on SAP. This seems to be too complex to expect that manufacturers will ever get this right. Fortunately the Nokia 616 can accept its own SIM card and act as a complete standalone phone. That's what I do already for years now and it's much more reliable than SAP and I don't have to care about the mobile phone's SAP support (or lack of it).

Contributor
covvie44

Ive given up on my Z10.

Most other phones allow my BMW to access the Contacts list via Bluetooth.  Not the Z10.

No assistance whatsoever from vodafone, BlackBerry on this. very poor.

Ive been a BB fan for many years and resisted the iphone but enough's enough.

Contributor
Banbara
My Device: Torch 9860

Hi everyone.

Regarding the question on the Bluetooth protocol support SAP by Z10, the answer is no. In fact today I was able to experiment with a Z10 all beautiful, brand new, and I'm really disappointed. The pairing goes well, the car provided the code that is inserted in the phone, the vehicle is receiving data and provides information such as how the procedure is done correctly.

The car then resets to take into account this new phone, and then the phone is not found, and it asks again the pairing code. these tests were done with the software version of the Z10 comes home, and with version 10.0.10.32 (SFR) and then with version 10.0.10.90 (Bouygues), the result is always the same. I have trouble understanding the BlackBerry misses the problem.

New Contributor
Ravic
My Device: Black berry z 10

[ Edited ]
The data sheet and specs says z 10 supports SAP, also confirmed by the BB support team and distributor who sold the phone also confirmed sap support after I Got the phone from now we have surprises, the old versions all supported and the z 10 cannot , is ther any roadmap for a firmware release to support SAP if not either we need to dump the car else the phone , and it gonna be the later always ...
New Contributor
wuesten_fuchs
My Device: 9800

covvie44 wrote:

Ive given up on my Z10.

Ive been a BB fan for many years and resisted the iphone but enough's enough.

But the iPhone doesn't have SAP either ...

Contributor
covvie44

Z10 now binned for £280.

Replaced with Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 4G LTE.  A superb handset in every way.

New Contributor
Ravic
My Device: Black berry z 10

[ Edited ]

Can BB Z 10 support SAP ( sim access profile) at all, 

will there be any new software update for this, at all,

All the old versions supportd SAP to link up the blue tooth on to the in car phone, wonder why the z 10 cannot, the in car kit in the mercedes that cost two times of the balack berry, z 10, would rather move back to old ver BB bold than use the z 10 whose battery also sucks and no more than half day..

If Blackberry is unable to support Z 10 to  support BLUE TOOTH SAP ( sim access profile) it should notify its users than a long silence , that we endlessly wait and not sure whats the result.

Least expected from Blackberry support is reply to this thread  a simple yes or no - to thats rolling on since several weeks 

Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

I agree that it is time for BlackBerry to explain the situation to customers. I am afraid that without further clarification the only conclusion that customers can reach is that BlackBerry does not care.

I appreciate that most other phones do not support the rSAP or SAP Bluetooth protocols but I think that BlackBerry will lose customers because they have given up a competitive advantage over those phones. Also, the lack of response from BlackBerry will turn off many frustrated customers.

I still like the Z10 but am unlikely to be brand loyal as I am not satisfied with the approach of BlackBerry to customer support. I hope I am wrong but I expect BlackBerry will ignore these posts.