Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Bluetooth on Blackberry Z10

there are thousands of posts each week here.
For each forum member, their posts is considered extremely important, but BlackBerry has to make choices.

The general behavior from RIM/BlackBerry during the past years is to never comment bugs, except extremely important ones. And when I say "extremely important", it's like "email does not work for half the globe" or "we messed up the daylight saving time alarm" or "don't charge your phone for more than 10 hours or it will explode".

So I do not expect BlackBerry to comment anything about an issue such as "a given BlueTooth feature is not working", especially since it is not explicitly in the manual.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10

Wow an apologist for BlackBerry. Everything you have said makes it clear that BlackBerry does not care about customers. If the brand is to survive, and we all appreciate that this new launch is the last chance for BlackBerry, it must change and be more responsive to the real issues expressed by customers on its own forums.

I have little confidence in BlackBerry due to comments made by experienced forum members, however misplaced their loyalty. A few people is all it takes to monitor the official forum threads. I wouldn't expect a response to all but there is a lot of disquiet a out this issue and it should not be too difficult for BlackBerry to provide relevant information. We should expect a response not the failure to respond in the past.
Guru I
Xandrex

Tigershark24 wrote:
A few people is all it takes to monitor the official forum threads. I wouldn't expect a response to all but there is a lot of disquiet a out this issue and it should not be too difficult for BlackBerry to provide relevant information. We should expect a response not the failure to respond in the past.

Oh but those BlackBerry Technical Advisors do make statements here (though very rarely).

You even had one on this topic (messages 10 & 12).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

I agree that someone from BlackBerry has confirmed that RSAP is not supported but there remain two questions:

1. Is SAP supported?
2. Are there any plans to support RSAP or SAP?

A time line would also be helpful.

After these questions are answered that will be the end of this thread.
Contributor
covvie44

Good Customer Service means responding promptly to customers needs. BlackBerry have fallen badly short of that standard on this and other topics. Many loyal customers like me will have deserted BB and binned their Z10s long before BB finally get around to acting.
New Contributor
sebbie
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

It has been mentioned in this thread that: - SAP and RSAP is the same technology - BlackBerry Z10 doesn't support it AFAIK all <BB10 handsets support it. In Android world only GalaxyS3 does, first indications show S4 won't just as all iPhones. Even technology inventor Nokia abandoned it in their Lumia range. If you need to have RSAP then grab BlackBerry 9900 or make peace with having oldish handset.
New Contributor
wuesten_fuchs
My Device: 9800

[ Edited ]

I already commented above that I personally abandoned Bluetooth SIM access already quite some time ago, at a time when I actually had a Blackberry device that DID support it.

The technology seems to be dead. There are so many compatibility issues that this feature became a support nightmare. Also, cars (where one end of the pair of tools lives) tend to be used 10+ years while smartphones (the other end) are used only 3...4 years.

The trend with cars is to either only provide just Bluetooth handsfree mode or, alternatively, provide a full car phone with its own SIM card. And, at least with all our providers here there is no problem to get a second SIM card that can even work at the same time like the primary one. This is a cheap solution that provides stress free operation ...

So I suggest you all calm down a bit and try to get arround this issue by looking for a different solution.

Contributor
covvie44

"calm down a bit"

grow up.
New Contributor
wuesten_fuchs
My Device: 9800

covvie44 wrote:
"calm down a bit"

grow up.

You made clear how right I was. I am 47 and work with IT and related technology since 27 years.

I am not affiliated with Blackberry in any way.

When I learned one thing during all those years then that it is not worth getting emotional about issues with technology.

Guru I
Xandrex

so here is an official word from a BlackBerry Technical Advisor about the SAP protocol on the Z10.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Problems-with-connection-to-Opel-radio/m-p/231...