Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
aroooz
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Bug with voice command software and calendar?

Hi all,

Just wondered if I was the only one who had noticed this, or if I'm missing an option somewhere, but when using the voice commands to schedule an appointment, once I give the date, it is read back to me in American format. For example, I ask it to schedule something for "Saturday 7pm", which is the 9th February. It puts the appointment in fine, but when reading the date back to me, it tells me its on Saturday 2nd September, as the thing is reading it back as mm/dd, and not dd/mm.

All my regional settings are correct, so suspect it's just the way it handles the date function. Obviously not a major bug, just an annoyance!

Anyone else seeing this? And does anyone know how I raise this as a bug with the development team?

Thanks

Adam

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Bug with voice command software and calendar?

Hey aroooz,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I have tested here and was unable to replicate this issue.  Just to verify the Voice Control language is set to English UK and not English? And is the display Language set to English UK?

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aroooz
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Hi HB,

Yes, I can confirm that all language preferences are to English UK. I tested again on Saturday to ensure it wasn't me having a daft moment, and the issue is still there. I told it to book an appointment for tomorrow at 12PM, and the calendar entry went in fine, but the audio feedback told me the appointment was on 2nd October, not 10th February. 

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
SteveM-ECL
My Device: Z10

I'm a UK user who also has this problem

Please use plain text.