Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
wilSquared
My Device: Z10

Calendar Closes - Recourance

I haven't seen anything else pointing to this bug. I updated my phone is running the most recent updates as of yesterday.

When I create a new event in the calendar and select the recourance (dropdown?) the app closes (crashes I assume), discards any information that was in the event and I am returned to my home screen.

There is a workaround I've found, if you create the event without a recourance, then edit the event it can be added without any issue.

It would be nice if this option worked when creating the event in the first place instead of requiring the extra steps. Especially since accidentally hitting it would cause the loss of the entered information.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Calendar Closes - Recourance

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

That is very interesting...but I cannot replicate it on mine. But, just to be certain, it crashes at the moment you select the drop-down for the recurrence...you do not actually get into the next screen for entering the details about the recurrence? Right? I can get into the detailed recurrence screen without a problem, so I just want to be sure that I'm replicating exactly the steps you are doing...

In any even, have you tried the old standby...batt pull reboot?

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
wilSquared

That is correct, it closes immediately after pressing it.

I forgot to say that I had done a battery pull and the issue is still there.

It does not seem to matter what fields are changed or empty when creating the event. Without fail it closes if the reccurance button is pressed.

To be specific my Software Release is: 10.0.9.348, it is possible this issue was in the latest release I had not used the calendar much before updating.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Thank you, that confirms we are doing the exact same thing.

Your OS indeed is a bit older than mine (mine is 10.0.9.2372 -- .348 would certainly be a prior version), so it certainly is possible that you are experiencing a bug that was later fixed -- though I have no access to any formal information to truly confirm that.

But, you say you have recently updated? And you now have this older version? That, in itself, is quite interesting indeed...perhaps you should ring up Rogers (and/or whoever you bought the device from) and ask them exactly what version you should be running.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Advisor III
drewread

[ Edited ]

Actually those OS versions are exactly the same, one is the Software Release number and the other is the OS version. See screenshot below.

Certainly contact your provider to troubleshoot, and there is also another thread here with the same issue. Of which I cannot reproduce either.

IMG_00000189.png

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
wilSquared

I can confirm my OS is: 10.0.9.2372 and Software version is: 10.0.9.348

Thanks for the link, glad to know I am not the only one seeing this issue.

New Contributor
wilSquared

Thanks so much for the link now!

It turns out setting your local calendar to be a gmail account is what causes the issue. Changing it to be local has the recurrences working perfectly again!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm glad you got that solved...but it now raises a couple of other things...

On my display, "Software Release" says "No information available", so there must be something slightly different about the .2372 that you have versus what I have. So (separately) I'll be looking into that, as it brings into question the actual OS release process (there is separate debate about that!).

As for having to set to local calendar, that's going to perhaps cause other issues, especially for OTA replication. I'd be interested to know if that recurring item replicates for you to your Gmail calendar, or if it truly is reflected only on your device. If the latter, then that's a problem...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
wilSquared

Interesting about the software version. Is your device in dev mode?

Replication is likely not going to happen, GMail calendars will be read, but not written to. Personally I'm okay with that as I use my BB to sync all my calendars and not through another service, but for many others that could become an issue for sure.

In case someone finds this thread detailed instructions for changing default calendar:

1) pull down from the top and select settings.

2) pick accounts from the list

3) press set defaults at the bottom

4) the 2nd drop down is for your default calendar (for event notifications, etc.). Changing this to "Device - Local" solved my problem.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

wilSquared wrote:

Interesting about the software version. Is your device in dev mode?

Nope.

wilSquared wrote:

Replication is likely not going to happen, GMail calendars will be read, but not written to. Personally I'm okay with that as I use my BB to sync all my calendars and not through another service, but for many others that could become an issue for sure.

Exactly...I'm actively working with others on the OTA sync questions that exist, and this may well play a part now...thank you for the confirmation.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates