Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't get the typing right

Please help. 

I am quite anxious to learn how to type on my Z10. Went to a Verizon store yesterday and got the first Z10 sold at that store. Since then sent out several emails but was told "I should turn off the HTML function". Basically, several words looked right to me but displayed differently to recipients (for example: "more" changed to. "=ore"; "Gmail" changed to "Gmai="; "this" changed to "=his".

Even the sentence I didn't type didn't display right (Sent f=om my BlackBerry 10.........)

What is going on?

Thanks

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Can't get the typing right

To start off, go in to language settings and make sure the phone is set to the proper language for spelling and suggested words.  It is also possible to turn off suggested words if you wish to.

Jerry G.
New Contributor

The language selected  was and still is English (US). Also tried different combinations 0f functions from automated assistance. Still not working completely although the message I type is fixed but the display from Verizon is still mixed with symbols. Clearly it is a problem of display of characters. BTW, the characters typed were displayed correctly before send. 

New Contributor

I think I might have figured out what happened. The problem occurred only when I send emails from my university email account. I tried to play with different things by sending emails from my university account to my gmail account. 

I just did the opposite by sending email from my gmail account to my university account. Every character was displayed correctly. So was it a problem caused the incompatibility of my university email system with Z10?