Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
RapsFan
My Device: Z10

Can't transfer data from 9300 to z10 with Link

Every time I try to transfer the data from my 9300 to Z10 it copies the data from the 9300 but then when I click the icon for the Z10 to be transferred to I get a 'Data could not be copied to your device due to the following errors: There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected.'

I tried with both devices plugged into the USBs at the same time, tried switching ports, tried copying from the 9300, unplugging it and plugging in the z10 but nothing has worked so far.

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Can't transfer data from 9300 to z10 with Link

Hi RapsFan,

Does BlackBerry Link detect your BlackBerry Z10 when you plug it in?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Developer
jgrzadka
My Device: paybook

When I first plugged the Z10 it asked me if I wanted to transfer my files from my old bb.  I plugged in my bold 9790 and I was able to backup all the old data and hit next.

Then I reconnected the z10 and the error message comes up saying:

"Data could not be copied...

There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected."

The bb z10 is showing as connected with the PIN displayed on the left hand of the Link screen.

Contributor
ecosse
My Device: Not Specified

I have the exact same problem! Its totally absurd! I've been managed to back up my 9700 but not able to switch the data to the Z10. I have no idea why this is happening!! Please help us someone!

pdhanju
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I had the same problem. Here's an easy solution:
You need 2 USB cables. Make sure both phones are connected before you start backing up.
Now start backing up the old blackberry and follow the instructions and thats it. It should be fine.
New Contributor
PredictableMark

I tried the dual cables and that didn't work, rebooted and that didn't work.  Here's what does work.

1. Connect the old phone (Storm2 in my case) to BlackBerry Desktop and make a full backup.  Disconnect the phone and close the program.

2. Start BlackBerry Link and connect the Z10.  Go through the steps to name the phone.

3. Now do a restore, select "Legacy Device Backup Files" which is where the old phone backup was made.

4. Select the backup you just made.

5. You'll have a much-too-small window you can scroll through and find most of your files.  There is also an option to restore all of them.  I didn't do that, I just wanted Address Book and a couple of other things, so you're on your own there.

I didn't see a way to move the pictures or videos from the memory card, so I removed that from the Storm2, put it in the full size SD adapter and that into a laptop.  They're found in the Blackberry folder on that card.

Good luck, and I hope this works for you.

Mark

New Contributor
jaxinpink
My Device: Q10

I used to own a 9300 and have the backup files on my computer when I bought my Q10 they attemted to transfer contacts. over 50% loaded with no name.

So I would like to load the contacts from my old legacy files to my Q10 but it is not working. 

Any suggestions.....

I followed the steps above but nothing changes in my contacts even after a restart of the Q10

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

do you remember if those contacts were in a category?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
jaxinpink
My Device: Q10

They shouldn't be in a category. I sorted contacts by adding info in the business name
New Contributor
PredictableMark

Are you certain the backup is actually happening on the 9300?  Can you verify it, or try to restore it onto the same phone so see if it will restore?

Can't think of anything else to try, sorry my routine didn't work for you.

Mark