Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Cannot delete messages only on Handheld = Unacceptable!

A very important feature is no longer possible on BB10: Deleting on Handheld only.

The option to decide to delete on Handheld or both was very important to me. Now it's gone. Why removing features from previous versions? 

This is unacceptable. 

Forums Veteran I
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Cannot delete messages only on Handheld = Unacceptable!

What email account do you use with your phone? While I liked this feature when BIS did not properly reconcile my email account, now I have ActiveSync my phone matches my inbox? I'm not sure if Blackberry plan to bring this back in a future update as a lot of people do seem to miss it.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

ActiveSync devices are meant to mirror the email server. Rather than delete them from the device you could file them in folders.

The option to delete just on handheld doesn't exist on ActiveSync devices.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

So how do you enable Deleting Messages on Z10 only and not the email server? Is this possible?

Bob

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It isn't possible with active sync.
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Can Active Sync be disabled? If so, where?

Thanks, Bob

Guru II

Depends on your email account.

Even if you change from ActiveSync to IMAP or POP I don't think the delete on handheld only option is available. The Z10 is designed to mirror your mailbox. It is no longer BlackBerry as we know it. It works the same way iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, etc. all work. Not all of us wanted BlackBerry to throw the baby out with the bathwater but it is what it is. Many features from BBOS are gone.
Contributor

Guess we'll just have to be very careful not to delete messages on the Z10 before downloading to the PC. This did not happen on the older BB 9800 I just handed down to my wife.

Thanks, John.

Guru II

What email service are you using?
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Any accounts, POP3 emails, Facebook and Twitter notifications. 

Not using Active Sync or BIS. 

They have to bring it back, it's really annoying to keep old messages on my Blackberry.