Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Cheer Up, All... I know all BB fans are feeling down right now, the Canadian media is very funereal this weekend

[ Edited ]

I really like my BB Z10 and find the Bell live-tv app in particular a real asset -- I'm not addicted to tv but it's nice to be able to watch the latest news while travelling...   and the BlackBerry Travel app is great.

We are in a gadget-crazy market so this thing with competition with Apple and Android is very tough, and I have yet to figure out if the two alternates to BlackBerry are really all that much better...

But this is just an attempt at a bit of morale-boosting, support for the company from a Canadian user, and a sub-note that I am a Canadian senior female, not a type that is noted as a gadgeteer in the IT sector marketplace, but I did want to get a smartphone and I decided on the BlackBerry Z10 and am more than satisfied with it.  At the moment I just discovered the Bell app for watching live tv on the Z10 -- I thought that was very neat, useful for those keeping up with the news, and very reasonably priced on the Bell mobility provider network...

Well, BlackBerry employees and Mr. Thorsten Heins, I am thinking of you a lot this Saturday afternoon in Victoria, BC and thanking you for a hard-fought battle.  I hope things can survive and that more people realize the Z10 is totally competitive with any of the best smartphones out there...   and, my recommendation for the future is a device that is a crossover combined tablet, phone and e-reader [maybe a battery switch to switch to e-reader format] so that a serious adult and a senior could carry just one device with them whlle travelling.  The device could include a Bluetooth earpiece and mike for using at a desk as a phone...

My best wishes!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Cheer Up, All... I know all BB fans are feeling down right now, the Canadian media is very funereal this weekend

Here here!  My user name gives away that I am also Canadian.   Janetnewuser I don't know what age you are to self describe as "senior"  (and I would not be so rude as to ask) and you do not sound like a stereotypical senior technophob.  Your endorsement for BB speaks volumes.

I agree totally that my Z10 is every bit as good as my wifes iPhone 5.  The main difference is how popular their platform specific communication apos are.  Well BB are just releasing BBM for iPhone and android.  I think this could be a game changer, but BB needs to promote the cheese out of it.  Right now it's happening but no one knows.

Yup BB, hang in there and stick to your guns.  You are the original and still the best.

Regular Contributor

Re: Cheer Up, All... I know all BB fans are feeling down right now, the Canadian media is very funereal this weekend

I am all of 73 and fortunately active and used to be very computer literate, but never kept up after Windows went into a confusing spin and lost its well-organized setup where one could find one's files!   I've gotten used to Windows 7 now.   I guess that places me...  I was a community librarian in a public branch library and actually set up one of the first computer learning centres for kids in a public library, in Canada, with Apple IIe computers!  Then we added PCs.... so I've always followed Apple's fortunes...

I don't hate Apple, or Android, for what they are, and I know it's a competitive market out there for these devices, a lot of people like to try different ones, but I do think BlackBerry did well with the Z10 and that it is an excellent, robust choice for a smartphone...  I'd like to try the coming Z30 but probably can't afford to.   I did find it challenging to learn to use it,  but my husband ordered a Google Android phone over the internet because it had a certain marine navigation app he wanted which brand wasn't available for the BlackBerry at the time, Navionics, not sure whether it is now or not.  I LOVE the predictive touch-screen Z10 keyboard, it is excellent, the whole internet experience seems fast and stable.  And not as hard to learn to use as all that, my other half is still having trouble just even making calls on his Google Android, he sometimes can't seem to get it right, finds it confusing, says the keyboard disappears...  well, you know, us seniors...

I still think BB should develop a "phablet" with an earpiece and mike as well as speakerphone, and an e-reader mode with its own battery level or something of that sort, to create an all-purpose device for the mature travelling adult that's not as bulky to carry around as a laptop.

It's a rough world out there and the world can use only so many smartphones...  but I believe this one is one of the best. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Hello Janet,

your messages warm my heart. Thank you.

The Z30 is a touchscreen phone, that has a 5" screen. Many people (including me) consider it to be a phablet. It even has stereo speakers for increased audio quality.

It can serve as an e-reader of course, but if you like reading did you know that there was also a tablet from BlackBerry? It is called the PlayBook. It is a 7" screen, with broad bezel so that it is practical to hold. Same dual stereo speakers.
http://us.blackberry.com/playbook-tablet/specifications.html

And about the Navionics app, there is currently no BlackBerry app, but I just tried their web app on my Z10 and it works perfectly (though I do not really understand what I am looking at :smileywink: ). Please give it a try too and show it to your husband !
http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Still rooting for BlackBerry, and still love my Z10.  It has an excellent battery life, I find, and when I travel I am now using it for Kindle books via the BlackBerry Kindle app...  am reading the new novel Lookaway, Lookaway by Wilton Barnhardt, and anyone who has a daughter as a freshman at a North American university, or a grand-daughter...  beware the alcohol mania sweeping campuses...  this book has a modern Southerm US cultural theme but the same things re the previous comment apply continent-wide...  young women should all read this book.  Yes, written by a man, but he seems good with his female characters.  I read it on Airplane Mode on the plane, and elsewhere with phone and wirelesses off to conserve battery...  The Z10 can of course be read in landscape mode and with a tap of the finger on the right, the next page appears...  the text is very readable and the screen is glare-free....

I am aware of the Playbook and I think, but am not sure, that the latest version does email...and as well as being an e-reader, web device, camera, etc....    I still think it would be neat to have a travel e-reader, tablet and real phone and camera all in one device...  sure, one couldn't hold it up to talk but this gadget could have a Bluetooth earpiece with it or at least the headphones and cord...   nice for hotel rooms or sitting beside the driver in the car, making the next reservation...  Just a thought.  I am going to take a look at the Z30 although at my stage in life a second smartphone phone is  not something I need...  but it might fit my purposes even better!

Contributor
My Device: z10

Cheer Up,i use blackberry phone .i have q10,z10 and playbook ,i all with blackberry;s fans .Cheer Up,to win this match .
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C - Q10

So me......

Im using onyx2, monza and Dev alpha C, but also some androids and ios.

Still... bbm and some apps, I still lov eto using it on Blackberry.

GBU!

Bee