Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Contact List Sorting Issue

Dear BlackBerry Team,

I experience certain difficulties with configuration of sorting criterion for contact list. It seems to me there is a two instances of contact list view/module in the system.

First is launched from main menu icon located in the top left corner of the screen. There I may configure the contact list to be shown using "surname" as a sorting field. Here I got the expected order. 

The second view is lauched from the bottom located bar with three icons: handset, loup and a camera. If I press a handset icon then I got new view where I have different bottom bar with icons: calls, contacts and dialing panel. If I go to contacts then I have the contact list sorted only by name. It is impossible to configure that sorting by surname or any other key. 

It would be desired if there might be an opportunity to use the setting for the sorting in the second view that is already used for the first view. I am using Z10 build OS ver 10.1.0.4633, software ver 10.1.0.4181.

Thanks for your attention to my report

Yours faithfully

Dimitri

New Contributor

Re: Contact List Sorting Issue

yeah, I encountered same issue

New Contributor

Re: Contact List Sorting Issue

I detected that this problem was fixed in the last update. Since installing the update I have not rebooted my phone. But after I rebooted it few days ago I found out that now in the second view the sorting is organised by surname. Seems that the sorting criterion is loaded on the boot stage and does not read dynamically after it is configured for the first view.