Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
z10vortex
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Contact profile pictures sync

I've synced the contacts application on my Z10 with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and BBM however a lot of those contacts dont have pictures. Even for the ones that are directly from Facebook.

Is there a way to make sure that my contacts who have linked facebook profiles have the pictures as well?

Its synced some profiles (I'd say 10% of the total number)

Please use plain text.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Contact profile pictures sync

Hi z10vortex and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

You can select a different a different photo for your contact, based on the linked account, by selecting the contact, click on Edit, then touch their current photo. You will then see a selection of other photos that you can use.

Thanks!

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mscooley
My Device: Z10 / 32GB Playbook

I actually have this same issue. Some "very few" Twitter photos comes over but none of my Facebook contact photos are transitioning over. On OS7, nearly all of them did. I've taken one or two contacts and made sure they were all linked correctly, but to no avail. 

Let's extend this connection. Hit me on Twitter @kmcooley
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Jjang
My Device: Passport

I am using exchange 2003 via active sync. Virtually none of contacts on my mail server have contacts. But the linked contacts with LinkedIn do. Is there any way if a photo exists on the linked contact for it to sync that photo back to my exchange server contacts?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mscooley
My Device: Z10 / 32GB Playbook

Update: I completely deleted my FB account from my Z, rebooted and re-added. The majority of my contacts auto synced their profile photos & once I took time to link other contacs to their duplicates, nearly all of them had profile pics. 

Let's extend this connection. Hit me on Twitter @kmcooley
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MBinMN
My Device: Z10

I also have the same problem, but in a different way.  Orginally, everyone's picture showed up, mostly from Facebook.  Then, about a week later, all the contacts got scrambled somehow, and after I fixed all the problems and deleted/linked all the duplicates, there are a few contacts whose Facebook picture does not appear (but LinkedIn will).  I can find no settings differences. 

How the Contacts got scrambled is also a good question.  It happened around the time I turned on the Backup Assistant Plus - Contacts.  I am suspicious of this program but wondering if anyone else has noticed a problem.  I have done syncs since then with no problems, but the picture problem remains for some (but not all) contacts.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
richey_rich
My Device: Z10 / Playbook

Some of my contacts' will have their profile image replaced by the "Gravatar" icon (which resembles an on/off icon).  Does anyone else ever get this?  I have no idea why this happens, since it isn't used by any of my contacts as a profile image.

Please use plain text.