Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
SwissBBuser
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Copy & Paste phone numbers Z10!

How can I copy and paste a phone number from e.g. a message to the phone? 

Isn't that possible with the Z10???

Thank you for an answer...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Copy & Paste phone numbers Z10!

Unfortunately, it's not possible at this time. I'm hoping for clickable phone numbers in the browser and in emails at some point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SwissBBuser
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Thank you for the quick reply.

From my point of view this is a very basic requirement, is it planned to implement this feature???

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yep, it's a basic requirement, many of which are missing on the Z10. I don't have any info on if it's planned in a future update. I sure hope so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boimoet
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 3

you can copy, touch the word/number you want to copy, hold for 2 seconds, on the right side copy option will pop up..

if you want to paste it, for the example on bbm chat touch the text box and hold it for 2 seconds, on the right side paste option will pop up :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Yes but you can't paste into the phone dialer. That's the point.
Please use plain text.
Developer
MisterT
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Annoying that this isn't there. It is one of those small but really useful features that I used quite often on BB7. Hoping this gets resolved when 10.1 rolls out with the Q10.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cov
My Device: Z10, Curve 9300, Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone GR, Vodafone UK

Z10 is a phone. I am afraid the developers forgot it. We need to copy paste numbers on the dialler from other apps. Please fix this SERIOUS defect asap.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Dear JC

Am beginning to understand that this feature will be available with the Q10 10.1
Is it possible that the feature can be given as a update for the Z10 or a link.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the future of the Z10
JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Yes, it's coming to the Z10 with 10.1. Hopefully, we get an update soon. Many carriers have already.
Please use plain text.