Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Creating Email distribution lists (contact groups)...Why would they remove this feature??

I have just moved from OS 7 (9900) to the new Z10.  Overall, fantastic device...better late than never!  However, I am dissappointed to see that it appears you can no longer create groups within your contacts application.  On the OS 7, select contacts, select menu key, select new group, edit the name of the group and begin adding contacts.  This feature was simple and a step above other OS'...why would they remove it?  It is frustrating that I cannot send an email to a group of people....thoughts?

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Creating Email distribution lists (contact groups)...Why would they remove this feature??

It also seems that they have removed some email preferences. ie...read messages, delivery reciepts, the option to delete on handheld or handheld and mailbox...all features Blackberry users appreciate...its dissappointing that they would lose these little things...in some aspects...they just seem to have dumbed these features down...it acts more like an iPhone...sad.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Creating Email distribution lists (contact groups)...Why would they remove this feature??

I really need this feature, my employer won't let us add groups to exchange directly.

Contributor

I agree, great device but after waiting so long for it there are some basic features that were available in previous OS that didn't make it to 10. Customized vibration notifications, recuring tasks, Email groups amongst others. Hopefully just an oversight and will be available with upcoming updates.

Forums Advisor III

Remember.. Nothing was "removed" :smileyhappy: it is a new os and I'm sure these will all be added in the future.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

Golfers need group email
Forums Advisor III

I'm sure that hockey players, curlers and motorcycle enthusiasts do too! :smileyvery-happy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy: