Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Bejay
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

Data Usage Overview

Hi all,

is there a way to check the data usage of the device, like I can do with Android? Meaning, I'd like to know how much I used and which apps consumed the data. Like:

Usage (timeframe): 103MB

Facebook: 43MB

Browser: 40MB

System: 20MB

This would be extremly helpfull.

Right now, I got a Z10 that uses huge amounts of mobile data without doing anything obvious (system software is up to date) and consumes the battery in hours even without use. If anyone can shed light into that, I'd be happy as well. :smileyhappy:

Cheers

Bejay

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Data Usage Overview

There should be apps in BlackBerry World that will monitor data usage for you. In fact, many carriers offer such an app to their customers so calling your carrier might be a good place to start. If you don't want to download anything, I think you'll find such a feature in an upcoming OS release.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bejay
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

I looked into these Data Monitors, but all they do is show me the total amount used. I would like to track down, what is using the data. How much is secondary to me. Do you know an App that will do that, by any chance?
Thx
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I know of none personally (maybe someone else could jump in here) but I think you'll be pleased with OS 10.2 if you can wait 'til then.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Developer
bnolan001
My Device: Bold 9930 and PlayBook

The current OS doesn't provide some of the features developers need to support the app.  I'm pretty sure 10.2 has some of the features enabled so developers can make the app you want.

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero
Please use plain text.