Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

sabujsarkar
My Device: z10

Delete mail on handheld or mailbox

Does anyone know if there's still a feature allowing you to delete email on just the handheld rather than automatically on both?
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook

Re: Delete mail on handheld or mailbox

No, this feature that was available via BIS service is not (currently) available in BB 10.

That said... I was an avid user of this feature.  However, I've found the true 2-way mirroring between device and email server to more than make up for the loss.  Instead of deleting on handheld, I simply file messages that need to be addressed, but that I don't need to see in my Hub.  I created a "To Review" folder, and file messages I would have otherwise deleted from my device into that.

BB 10 is a completely different (and to me), superior OS.  I adapted after a couple of days and am more than happy with it.

junaidsukan
My Device: q10

Hi . I was having the same problem so i went to 8ta to find out why this is happening. After some investigation the guy from 8ta decided to call somebody at blackberry and he said the new software that is coming out at the end of the month is going to sort that problem out. i run my own business so i also cant afford to delete my msgs from both handheld and server. Hope there is some truth to this new software. 

I also would have liked blackberry to keep the saved message option and

allow the keypad to work as soon as u start typin your password instead of having to slide up and then type and

lastly keep the shortcut keys like b.browser and k. lock phone and u.calculator etc .

These small things helped me be more effient.

Q10 is supposed to be an upgrade for me but it seem to be a downgrade for me since i was quicker on my 5 previous models

New Contributor
junaidsukan
My Device: q10

Hi . I was having the same problem so I went to 8ta to find out why this is happening. After some investigation the guy from 8ta decided to call somebody at blackberry and he said the new software that is coming out at the end of the month is going to sort that problem out. i run my own business so i also cant afford to delete my msgs from both handheld and server. Hope there is some truth to this new software

I also would have liked blackberry to keep the saved message option and

allow the keypad to work as soon as u start typin your password instead of having to slide up and then type and

lastly keep the shortcut keys like b.browser and k. lock phone and u.calculator etc .

These small things helped me be more effient.

Q10 is supposed to be an upgrade for me but it seem to be a downgrade for me since i was quicker on my 5 previous models