Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: GalaxyS4

Re: Disappointed at least

Thank you fyip,

That has all been tested and unfortunately did not work.

The bblink continues to be un-cooperative. I have found valuable supports sites on the net and tried almost anything jus t for the sake of it. I just finished my officially last attempt: cleared all folders and ran registry cleaner. Just in case I even restored to an earlier time (when there was no BB software of any kind installed in this PC). Reinstalled completely Net-Frameworks 4.5, reinstalled the latest security updates of Microsoft C++.  Extracted the bblink and ran executable from there with admin rights (which I have anyway). I unchecked the ‘open after install’ box and rebooted after successful install.

As per what happen before about 12 times, the install appears to be successful, but when trying to open the software it fails followed by usual windows: The software encountered a problem and need to close. I tried to open the software in safe mode but it repeated the same routine: I have attached below for your review the print outs of some of the last events I gathered for the event viewer.

There might be an issue with the Net-Framework? The bblink seems to use the 4.0 and W7 has 4.5? Shouldn't it be backward compatible?.

As previously stated, I am not an IT person, I am a consumer and as such I expect to pay for products that I can actually use, regardless of the environment, so, my observation and conclusions are the following:

1) I read multiple times in forums online that this is not a BB link problem, but a MS or HP problem; it could be true, ultimately I do not think I matters as BB will be the one seeing the phones returned and the contract cancelled, however W7 is what it is and was available when bb was working on its software.      Example: A car manufacturer built a 18' wide car. Customers that drive it only on freeways could experience a bit of discomfort, but be able to go from place to place. Customers driving it in residential streets where curves could be tight would have serious problem. observing the chaos created, we could say that the problem is in the residential roadways as they are too narrow and with curves, but we would not say that, we know better, we all understand how those infrastructures work, we all would say that roadways were there first and the car was poorly designed.

2) The solution for me, as of today, is to retreat to an earlier BB, one that works and works (and they all do) very well. I am using temporarily an Android, but I do not like it that much, it is like having a video game in my pocket and not a phone. But at least I can sync my calendar and contacts with Outlook.

3) Definitely the BBlink appears to be a substandard product, and even if the device (BB10) itself has great features and great potential (it certainly show extremely well), the way the software works (or not) is deplorable. It appears clear that it was a patched up job done half way to meet last resort deadlines. Not to be purchased or recommended to anyone as of today.

4) In the future, if they take responsibility for their own failures, maybe they can fix the software, and regain trust, I am open to that.

5) That is unless you can save the day, in which case I could (would) opt to keep an open mind on the software waiting for later improvements. I will keep the bblink installed for another day or two in case you want me to try something.

Thanks and happy new year.

Here below are the error events:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          28/12/2013 2:51:08 PM
Event ID:      1005
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      S-HP
Description:
Windows cannot access the file C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\PresentationCore\b9fe579783a35b57dd7e69375f35e239\PresentationCore.ni.dll for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program BlackBerry Link because of this error.

Program: BlackBerry Link
File: C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\PresentationCore\b9fe579783a35b57dd7e69375f35e239\PresentationCore.ni.dll

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
 - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
 - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: C0000185
Disk type: 3
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">1005</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-12-28T19:51:08.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>31402</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>S-HP</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\PresentationCore\b9fe579783a35b57dd7e69375f35e239\PresentationCore.ni.dll</Data>
    <Data>BlackBerry Link</Data>
    <Data>C0000185</Data>
    <Data>3</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Source:        Application Error
Date:          28/12/2013 2:51:08 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Description:
Faulting application name: BlackBerryLink.exe, version: 1.2.2.13, time stamp: 0x5298d550
Faulting module name: MSVCR110_CLR0400.dll, version: 11.0.50938.18408, time stamp: 0x52310cfe
Exception code: 0xc0000006
Fault offset: 0x00002380
Faulting process id: 0x468
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf0405fbf800d8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Link\BlackBerryLink.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR110_CLR0400.dll
Report Id: 643f6ce0-6ff9-11e3-8204-bba7df2f1b34
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-12-28T19:51:08.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>31401</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>BlackBerryLink.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.2.2.13</Data>
    <Data>5298d550</Data>
    <Data>MSVCR110_CLR0400.dll</Data>
    <Data>11.0.50938.18408</Data>
    <Data>52310cfe</Data>
    <Data>c0000006</Data>
    <Data>00002380</Data>
    <Data>468</Data>
    <Data>01cf0405fbf800d8</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Link\BlackBerryLink.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR110_CLR0400.dll</Data>
    <Data>643f6ce0-6ff9-11e3-8204-bba7df2f1b34</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          28/12/2013 2:50:52 PM
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Description:
Application: BlackBerryLink.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
Stack:
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ObjectHandleOnStack)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
   at log4net.Util.SystemInfo.GetTypeFromString(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
   at log4net.Util.SystemInfo.GetTypeFromString(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.CreateObjectFromXml(System.Xml.XmlElement, System.Type, System.Type)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.SetParameter(System.Xml.XmlElement, System.Object)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.ParseAppender(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.FindAppenderByReference(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.ParseChildrenOfLoggerElement(System.Xml.XmlElement, log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Logger, Boolean)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.ParseRoot(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.Configure(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy.XmlRepositoryConfigure(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy.log4net.Repository.IXmlRepositoryConfigurator.Configure(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.InternalConfigureFromXml(log4net.Repository.ILoggerRepository, System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.InternalConfigure(log4net.Repository.ILoggerRepository, System.IO.Stream)
   at log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.InternalConfigure(log4net.Repository.ILoggerRepository, System.IO.FileInfo)
   at log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure(System.IO.FileInfo)
   at Rim.Desktop.Services.Logging.PlatformLogService.Initialize(Rim.Common.Filesystem.IFullPath, Rim.Common.Filesystem.IFolderPath, System.String, System.String, System.String)
   at Rim.Desktop.Services.Logging.PlatformLogService.Initialize(Rim.Common.Filesystem.IFullPath, Rim.Common.Filesystem.IFolderPath)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.InitializeLoggingService(System.Reflection.Assembly)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.InitializePlatformServices(System.Reflection.Assembly)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.Main()

Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-12-28T19:50:52.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>31400</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Application: BlackBerryLink.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
Stack:
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ObjectHandleOnStack)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
   at log4net.Util.SystemInfo.GetTypeFromString(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
   at log4net.Util.SystemInfo.GetTypeFromString(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.CreateObjectFromXml(System.Xml.XmlElement, System.Type, System.Type)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.SetParameter(System.Xml.XmlElement, System.Object)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.ParseAppender(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.FindAppenderByReference(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.ParseChildrenOfLoggerElement(System.Xml.XmlElement, log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Logger, Boolean)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.ParseRoot(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.Configure(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy.XmlRepositoryConfigure(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy.log4net.Repository.IXmlRepositoryConfigurator.Configure(System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.InternalConfigureFromXml(log4net.Repository.ILoggerRepository, System.Xml.XmlElement)
   at log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.InternalConfigure(log4net.Repository.ILoggerRepository, System.IO.Stream)
   at log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.InternalConfigure(log4net.Repository.ILoggerRepository, System.IO.FileInfo)
   at log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure(System.IO.FileInfo)
   at Rim.Desktop.Services.Logging.PlatformLogService.Initialize(Rim.Common.Filesystem.IFullPath, Rim.Common.Filesystem.IFolderPath, System.String, System.String, System.String)
   at Rim.Desktop.Services.Logging.PlatformLogService.Initialize(Rim.Common.Filesystem.IFullPath, Rim.Common.Filesystem.IFolderPath)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.InitializeLoggingService(System.Reflection.Assembly)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.InitializePlatformServices(System.Reflection.Assembly)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Application.&lt;.ctor&gt;b__1(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.Main()
</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date:          28/12/2013 2:48:29 PM
Event ID:      10
Task Category: None
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-12-28T19:48:29.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>31399</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
    <Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
    <Data>0x80041003</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: Z10

Did you download Link with the same computer you are installing it on ?

Try these one at a time:

Right click BB Link and choose Properties. Compatability tab and choose a different mode.

Disable .NET temporairly.

Open the RUN box and type:      sfc /scannow       mind the space between c and /

Contributor

Yes I did download it and extract it on the laptop where it is installed.

I did try the compatibility mode several times and windows enter some info to ms (I do not know what could come out of that).

I honestly do not think I know how to disabled. Net. Should I Google it? Or could let me know?

I will have to leave now for the evening, but I certainly will try later tonight to do what you suggest and post back the findings. 

Thanks

Forums Advisor III
fyip

I said disable, I should have said disable or enable, by default I think it is not enabled on WIN 7.  I do not use WIN 7 but I believe it is in C. Panel, Programs and Features, Turn Windows features on or off.

Contributor

fyip,

ths is what I have done, in chronological order: 

I tried again to run BBlink in compatibility mode and after several attempts, W7 called it an incompatible application.

I disabled .NET 3.51 as there was no option to enable/disable .NET4.51 however that did not help. the bad news is that since I have completed that change, the 'HP-connect' and 'IEweb-logon' applications stopped working, so I will need to re-enable that one. 

I ran the scan you requested, it took a bit of time and I received no feedback, so I have nothing to report on that.

After disabling .NET 3.51, and receiving the errors on the HP and IE applications (after reboot), I reinstalled/repaired .NET 4.51, still no positive result on the bblink front (and on the applications as well).

I reistalled/repaired BBlink and for the first time it was actually able to correct the installation completely without problems. that is an interesting event, however it still does not open or works.

What do you think?

Forums Advisor III
fyip

At this point I do not know what to think, you have done and tried so much and I totally understand why you did it but still no success. If I understand correctly .NET 4.5 was not on your computer, Windows 7 comes with .NET 4.5 but you did reinstall it. I can only assume that you may have some corrupt registry files.

Contributor

No actually. Net 4.51 was and is installed in the laptop, all I said is there was no option to disable or enable it.

Forums Advisor III
fyip

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833#CBS log

Consult the above link to see the log.

You may also find some results in: Administrative Tools, Event Viewer.

Contributor

I followed your instructions and the txt file appeared blank or without information, if you prefer.  So I ran sfc scan again and reprinted the report on the desktop. Still there iis nothing printed. I will have to.assume there is nothing wrong to write in it. I think it might be time to let it go. I do not want to mess up my pc too much.

One last thing, do you know how to quickly resettlement q10 to the state it was when I received it? I was able to since it with a desktop I no longer want to use.

I will unistall and restore the pc after your reply confirming we exhausted all avenues.

Thanks

Contributor

I forgot to mention that the event viewer print out is pasted on the post above at the beginning of this Page.