Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jake5m
My Device: Z10

Discrepancy between "phone" contacts and "contacts"

When I enter "Contacts" mode, the contacts list correctly syncs with my Outlook contacts, LinkedIn contacts, facebook contacts, etc.

However, when I enter "phone" mode, the contacts list does not display my outlook contacts.  It only displays those contacts that have a phone number through linkedin or facebook.  One consequence of this is that my blackberry device fails to identify incoming calls from my Outlook contacts.

Is there some sort of function that filters the "phone" contacts list  (similar to the function in the "Contacts" mode)?  I can't seem to find it.  If there is no such function, then how come only my outlook contacts are missing from "phone" mode?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jake

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Discrepancy between "phone" contacts and "contacts"

Hey jake5m,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are you currently setup with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server on the BlackBerry Z10?  If so, we are aware of this issue and you would need to do a security wipe and then enterprise activation again to resolve the issue.

If you're not on an Enterprise server please let me know and what version of BlackBerry 10 software are you running?  Go to Settings>About to get this information.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
jake5m
My Device: Z10

Re: Discrepancy between "phone" contacts and "contacts"

Thank you for your assistance.

I asked my IT team to carry out out a security wipe and enterprise activation.  This appeared to solve the issue.  However, a day later, the same issue has reappeared.

I am using software release 10.0.10.85

Any ideas for a permanent solution?

Thanks again,

jake5m