Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jobscc
My Device: Z10

Does BB10 support hibernate feature?

I hope BB10 will support hibernate feature which can save battery significantly. We can hibernate the phone before sleep and resume in about 10 seconds.

And I suggest BB10 to support 'deep sleeping mode' which can only receive calls and SMS(without multitasking,services,sensers,wifi,NAND storage,etc).

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Does BB10 support hibernate feature?

Yes, the device will go to sleep or standby after a preset amount of time, which you can determine.

As well, placing the device in a proper magnet holster will put the device to sleep.

jobscc wrote:

And I suggest BB10 to support 'deep sleeping mode' which can only receive calls and SMS(without multitasking,services,sensers,wifi,NAND storage,etc).

Do you mean "bedside mode"?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

jobscc wrote:

I hope BB10 will support hibernate feature which can save battery significantly. We can hibernate the phone before sleep and resume in about 10 seconds.

hello,

If you have an alarm setup, and if you shut down your Z10 completely (but leaving the battery in it), it will hibernate, and turn itself on when the alarm is triggered.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
williamwirth-torres
My Device: Z10

If you have an alarm setup, and if you shut down your Z10 completely (but leaving the battery in it), it will hibernate, and turn itself on when the alarm is triggered.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?  If I turn off my Z10 completely, it does NOT turn on for the alarm.

On my 9700 I had the auto power on/off feature.  I cannot find a similar setting on the Z10.

~William
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Indeed, I just redid the test, what I say does not work. The alarm rings when I manually turn the phone on again.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: